baja or 6/o for grouper diging

Started by broschro, November 30, 2012, 07:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shellbank99

George,
Thanks for the info, u have one u want to sell? I built both of my 113h Yts but the accurate gears for the 114h are like the holy grail of gears. Can't find them anywhere. I did read on this site that someone was working on getting them produced again. Sounds like Sal has some, maybe he has one he would part with.
Thanks,
Troy

George4741

Quote from: shellbank99 on February 17, 2013, 10:54:41 PM

George, Thanks for the info, u have one u want to sell?

;D ;D  You can sometimes find Accurate/Tiburon framed 6/0's on ebay for less than the cost of a new Tiburon frame and spool kit.  For example, I paid $100 for a nice 114H with an Accurate frame.  Then I installed a narrow Tiburon frame and spool on it and used the old Accurate frame on my 114.  Too bad neither reel has steel main gears. :(   

Quote from: shellbank99 on February 17, 2013, 10:54:41 PM

but the accurate gears for the 114h are like the holy grail of gears. Can't find them anywhere. I did read on this site that someone was working on getting them produced again.
Yep, many of us are hoping Black Pearl Tackle can come through with some new high speed gears for the 114H.  Anyway, I will beef up both of my 6/0's with ss gear sleeves and ss double dogs and they should be VERY comfortable with a 30lb drag setting.  Even though I may not need them, I just like and want them. ;D
viurem lliures o morirem