VIDEO OF DOMINICK CATCHING A STRIPED MARLIN ON LIGHT TACKLE

Started by Dominick, December 10, 2012, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: alantani on December 11, 2012, 08:29:03 AM
do you have to be registered with photobucket to see anything?  

I'm not sure, try clicking on the photos.

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 11, 2012, 03:43:23 AM
Quote from: Keta on December 10, 2012, 04:36:26 AM
If you wear a straw hat your nose does not have to be white.  Nice photos, were the rooster fish from this trip?
Not this trip.  I like to make a casual fishing trip on some days.  Usually what I do is sleep until I wake up without an alarm or wake-up call (usually 6:30 or so).  Sit around and have coffee, go for breakfast then about 9 - 9:30 a.m. go to the marina and meet a panga captain who is grateful for having slept a little late also.  Then we go out and fish in the surf from a panga for Jacks and Roosters.  We also sometimes get Pargo (Dog Tooth Snapper) in the surf if we fish a spot near some rocks.  After a couple of hours we come in have lunch and a couple or three cervesas then it is siesta.  This is a great way to live.  I do it but I hate early mornings.  Dominick

So far I've only been down in the summer and it gets too hot by mid day.  I like to get up early, make bait, fish until mid day then head in for something cold to drink.  One of these days I'd like to put my ATV in the truck and explore Baja away from the water between fish days but it's hard to not fish due to limited time down there.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on December 13, 2012, 05:43:07 PM
So far I've only been down in the summer and it gets too hot by mid day.  I like to get up early, make bait, fish until mid day then head in for something cold to drink.  One of these days I'd like to put my ATV in the truck and explore Baja away from the water between fish days but it's hard to not fish due to limited time down there.

I don't go down in the summer because of the heat.  I spent July in Saudi Arabia and Cairo I don't want to get that hot again.  In the spring the weather is cool in the mornings and hot mid-day and cool in the afternoons into the evenings.  The weather really is ideal.  Go for it.  Dom
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Very nice!!! You made it look easy. Thanks for sharing.
luck is the residue of design.

BogueSounder

QuoteUsually what I do is sleep until I wake up without an alarm or wake-up call (usually 6:30 or so).  Sit around and have coffee, go for breakfast then about 9 - 9:30 a.m. go to the marina and meet a panga captain who is grateful for having slept a little late also.  Then we go out and fish in the surf from a panga for Jacks and Roosters.  We also sometimes get Pargo (Dog Tooth Snapper) in the surf if we fish a spot near some rocks.  After a couple of hours we come in have lunch and a couple or three cervesas then it is siesta.

Man, you just painted the perfect morning...

SoCalAngler

WTG there Dominick. I truely love Baja also and will be I'll Be in Puerto Escondido to fish a tourney in late June, after that it is too hot for me also until about mid October when it is like someone flips a switch and the weather is cools again. I go at least once a year, usually twice.

Keta I would say you should definitely take the quad and explore the Baja coast. I love it.

Dominick

SoCal:  Is there more than one Puerto Escondido?  I just pulled a map and I see it is on the main land?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

SoCal:  Is there more than one Puerto Escondido?  I just pulled a map and I see it is on the main land?  Dominick

Not SoCal here, but there is also a Puerto Escondido in Baja--not far south of Loreto.
Tom

SoCalAngler

Yep Tom is right about 15 miles south of Loreto. My pops has a place in Tripui and that is the tourney we will fish. It is the second largest tourney in the Loreto area, #1 is Fishing for the Mission, #2 The Tripui, #3 The Loreto Yellowtail followed by the Vagabondos tournament. The Tripui tourney is all about fun as all money raised goes to to local charities. But, there is a huge amount of tackle raffeled off along with other prizes. Come on down and join the fun. Here is a link to some info about the tournament.
http://www.tripuisportsfishing.com/

Here is a pic of my father and myself with largest dorado so far I have caught in the tourney, I'm on the far left.

wallacewt

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

How did I miss this?

Nice catch Dominick on light gear.

Talica reel with a terez Rod. Being that was from a couple of years ago, those were probably the better catch of rods.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ChileRelleno

Very nice catch and sounds like a great trip overall.

Never caught a billfish yet, it's on my lists.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Hey guys thanks for the compliments and revising an old posting.  I had forgotten about it.  Getting old.  Dominick

Ron Jones

I just got one of those curved Samsung computer monitors. Watching these on this is amazing.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"