6 Point SS Drag Stars For Senators

Started by Keta, January 10, 2013, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I have drag stars drawn up for 4/0, 6/0 and 16/0 Senators but I'm reluctant to invest in the tooling to tap the holes.  Is there enough interest in 6 point larger diameter than factory SS stars for me to invest $20.00 each for the special taps so I can at least pay for the tooling?  I want these to be used and profit isn't that much of a concern, loss is.   I also have stock diameter 5 point stars drawn up.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ShoreKasterHI

Ron Jones

I'll send a cashiers check this week!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

RowdyW

I'd be interested in 4/0 drag stars. They are getting a little overpriced from Penn.

Keta

I could sell 3 at their price and pay for materials, time and tooling.  

Ron, I prefer to be paid after you get the parts, that way if I forget people aren't upset.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jimmer

What size taps do you need - I can dig through the garage and see if I have anything you could use hiding out there.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

john2244

Lee,

I will buy a few of the 4/0 and 6/0 stars.  When they are ready I will place and order.

John

Jerseymic

Keta

It looks like taps for 4/0 and 6/0 will be ordered as soon as I replace the $ from the 15-200, 15-309 and 15-500 dogs I should have soon, they are waiting to be cut.

Mark Twain

ShoreKasterHI

I forgot to mention i'll take 2 for the 4/0. Will it be for 113h or 113?

slgriffiths

Lee,

I'd be up for 3 at least of the 4/0s, and a couple of 6/0s.  A SS drag star sounds great!. I'd finally get around to ordering  a pile of ss dogs as well at the same time.  Seemed a little crazy getting 6 dogs sent  to NZ...  now there's a real reason!
And price 'em as you need to.  Quality costs.

Simon.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Lee i want 2 for the 4/0 113H and don't forget the SS dogs. thanks!

Keta

The measurements are odd and my machinist friend is looking at the sleeves today.  My eyes are not so good anymore and it's hard to read a thread gage and we came up with thread pitches that we don't believe, machinist is 10 years younger with better eyes.  

slgriffiths, up to 6 dogs can be mailed in a envelope and for not much$

Mel, Hopefully I'll be cleaning and polishing them today.

Mark Twain

Robert Janssen

IIRC some of them used a buttress thread. Not the kind of tap one is likely to have lying around.

Maybe they've changed to vee thread form nowadays; idunno.

Keta

It's "V" thread but it looks like a metric pitch on an inch shaft, I've run into this in the past.  I have some NS taps up to 1" but they are all inch/inch not metric/inch.

Mark Twain