PENN 114H GEAR SET. WHO WILL BE IN???

Started by Black Pearl, January 24, 2013, 07:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slgriffiths

Quote from: Cone on February 07, 2013, 01:47:30 PM
Simon, Penn put the ss gears in their anniversary reels in the 80's. Somewhere sal posted a catalog pic. It clearly said stainless steel gears. I don't remember which post. Bob

Thanks Bob.

If you ever see any available, let me know. I'd love 'em.
Didn't even know they existed.

Simon

Cone

If i find another set I'll let you know. So far, I've found one 114h set and two 113h sets in anniversary reels. You don't know until you open them up because people sometimes replace them.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 06, 2013, 10:49:13 AM
Quote from: slgriffiths on February 06, 2013, 05:50:13 AM
Quote from: slgriffiths on January 25, 2013, 06:03:25 AM
would rather probably prefer the original 2.8 to one, in stainless.

If you don't need the higher gear ratio the stock brass main gears run smoother.

Lee, that's very true - that's what I'm running now - but would love to have stainless.  Maybe just a bling thing.  I'd like a 114H with a totally stainless gear train and sleeve, with the winching power it was designed with.  I don't think I'll ever be in a situation where anything I'm likely to catch will strip out a 114H's bronze gears. But stainless is so tempting...

But will still take a couple of the higher geared sets!

Simon
Simon, if you do a little research, you will find that Penn did have the 2.8:1 in stainless steel.
These have the 2.8:1 stock ss gears

Sal
[/quote]
Sal, just to check, did you or someone powdercoat those side-rings? That Red looks awesome!

SNAPPERHEAD

Alto Mare

You're walking too fast Snapperhead ;D, take six steps backwards and you'll have your answer ;).
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 11, 2013, 08:01:51 PM
You're walking too fast Snapperhead ;D, take six steps backwards and you'll have your answer ;).
Sal

Thanks for the redirection. You can't beat that powder coat. Makes Penn look even better. Might want to invest in some gears....

SNAPPERHEAD