S.S. sleeve for 259

Started by twopatch, January 27, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: alantani on February 02, 2013, 04:24:19 AM
it is possible to machine a post that can be held in by a screw.  that means drilling out the old post.  we had to do that a while back.  we are talking about more machine shop time. 

Bridge plates are flat and can be cut, I have a 99 plate drawn up now.  The shaft can be pressed in and TIG welded to the back.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

twopatch

Lee,thats cool! How many are you going to make?

Keta

I'm saving my pennies for a TIG welder.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on February 02, 2013, 04:24:19 AM
it is possible to machine a post that can be held in by a screw.  that means drilling out the old post.  we had to do that a while back.  we are talking about more machine shop time. 
I'm seeing more and more of these smaller posts, maybe because of George and Twopatch...they got me looking ;D.
Alan, wouldn't it be easier if the machinist could make a run of these? What would be the least he could make? I wouldn't mind having some on the side, for when I need them. I don't believe they're any weaker than the thicker posts, they're the same at the base, that's where most of the stress would be. Just a thought :-\

George, have you noticed the metal post in the older plate,  by the dog spring? They don't make them like they used to :-\.
I've been fixing the Squidders the same way (great minds think alike) ::)... ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Alan, do you have four of these 98-60AT coarse thread sleeves available?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

got a bunch.  you want the ones with the brass sleeves, right?  send a pm with your address and remind me which ones again. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

twopatch

I got a used bridge from Dan,Really-gone. He also sent me a new one. I put the two of them together and they were slightly different. The new one has a part # stamped up side down,so it is acctually a 3-66. I can see how it got mixed up. I am waiting for a responce from Dan. The S.S. 98-505 fits perfectly,This narrow 259 is comming together nicely. I will try to post a photo soon.   

alantani

yeah, i checked and did not have any bridges of that size. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!