A unique double dogged 113H

Started by Keta, January 29, 2013, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Jerseymic emailed me a photo of his 113H project and I thought it should be shared.  I like the dog modification and flat spring.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Very creative, Jerseymike and a nice sharp cut also  ;). Thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Very impressive.  I love your creativity.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

I guess there's more than one way to skin a dog too.  ;D Well done! Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Jerseymic

Thank you Lee for posting my photo, and thank you guys for your kind comments.

I am learning slowly, with all your help.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Irish Jigger

Nice work Mike. Like those SS dogs too, they have the professional look about them ;)

Jerseymic

Thanks Irish, I am new to all of this but like I said, learning slowly.

It is a pity we are restricted on this side of the pond for some things, like Yam Blue and I can't find TSI 301 here! I even had a problem finding Corrosion X, finally found a guy back home in Jersey who was bringing some in, so got some at last!

Mike.

Keta

Quote from: Jerseymic on January 30, 2013, 07:18:34 AM
Thanks Irish, I am new to all of this but like I said, learning slowly.

Judging by your side plate and the nice modification to the SS dog you are teaching us other ways to do it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Not to throw water on the fire and not taking anything away from Jerseymic and his great job, Penn had a recall on those injection molded plates, around 2004. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brendan

I would say you are picking it up slowly is a bit of a understatement. That looks great, I haven't got the nerve up yet to try doing that to one of my 4/0's. Thanks for the picture Lee, and great job Mike. Tight lines, Brendan.

Jerseymic

Brendan,
Thank you for the positive comments, I try my best, I am never afraid to have a go at things. This forum has taught me a lot in the short time I have been here.

Sal,
I read about the problem with the injection moulded plates, to do with the plate flexing and the bridge screws coming loose, leading to failure of the anti-reverse. So when I find a pair of compression moulded plates at the righ price, I will swap them out.
Thank you for the tip anyway.

Mike.

Alto Mare

As I mentioned above, not taking anything away from your innovative idea ;), just pointing out the plate. I wasn't sure you were aware of it.
I will post a link again, just in case some others didn't see it.
Sal

Jerseymic

Sal,

It was a bit of a pain when I first opened the reel up to find the injection moulded plates, but like I said, they will be changed when some turn up!

Thanks,

Mike.

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Jerseymic

Hi dayone,

I saw that after I machined out the sideplate for the double dog, so I thought that as I had altered the plate they probably would't replace it.

Just out of curiosity I will ask our U.K. Penn parts guy. I will let you all know the outcome.

Mike.