penn 3/0

Started by jamesnashtonbrady, February 01, 2013, 03:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesnashtonbrady

What kinda upgrades and parts can I throw at this thing to make it a tank to handle almost anything?

Keta

SS gear sleeve, SS dogs and a Tib frame.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

James,
Are you referring to the black 112 or the red 112H?
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

I have 15-99 dogs too.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

jamesnashtonbrady

alantani

the best is a conversion from a "1+3" drag system to a "1+5" drag system, keta's dogs, and a stainless steel gear sleeve.  a penn jigmaster power handle is really nice as well.  the power handle from penn has the same grip as the 4/0 senator.  let me know if you need some parts.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jamesnashtonbrady

What's the reson for ss gearsleves and dogs and how hard is it to do a 3 to 5 drag conversion

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

The SS gearsleeve allows you to use higher drag without deforming the end and causing slop in the handle, the SS dogs are harder and do not deform like the stock brass ones.  The 5+1 conversion is similar to replacing the fiber drag washers, you just put in thiner metal and CF washers.

Mark Twain

George4741

James,
Tiburon made a small run of frames for the 2/0, which is just a narrowed 3/0.  I think they are rarer than a hen's teeth.  I don't know if they ever made any for the 3/0.  Anyway, a solid frame like that would go a long way towards "tanking" your reel.
viurem lliures o morirem