Canyon Reels

Started by thunnus69, February 17, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunnus69

Anyone have any experience with these reels?  Their based here on the east coast and boast 78 lbs of drags without loss of freespool in one of their smaller jigging reels.  There's a lot of impressive features in their reels such as SS internals, double anodized externals, some have double dogs, high speed gears, moderately priced.  Can't understand why these guys haven't taken off or why I don't own one of these reels yet. 
Thoughts???

Marlinmate

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

thunnus69

Thanks for the replies.  Very informative.  Hard to deny the side by side photos and weight comparisons.   

Reelz

I guess its not bad if you pay $80 for one. But I would never pay $300 for one after seeing the comparison.

thunnus69

I wonder about their conventional reels.  I'm convinced and will stay away from their spinning reels.  Their conventional reels boast some decent specs. and features.  I am heading to the Saltwater Fishing Show in a couple of weeks in Rhode Island.  I know they'll have a booth there.

johndtuttle

Quote from: thunnus69 on February 23, 2013, 01:15:34 AM
I wonder about their conventional reels.  I'm convinced and will stay away from their spinning reels.  Their conventional reels boast some decent specs. and features.  I am heading to the Saltwater Fishing Show in a couple of weeks in Rhode Island.  I know they'll have a booth there.

Just buy the Avet originals instead. Made in USA by a company that will still be around next year. :)