Penn Spinfisher ss parts

Started by Alto Mare, March 16, 2013, 12:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Lee, I have one of Justin's 12 tooth ratchet and it has much less back play than a stock rarchet. A 16 tooth would be great. Whatever, It will be better than stock even with the 10 teeth on the last one. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Keta

Could they be set up to alternate or do they have to be set up together?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

No Lee and I wouldn't want them that way. I have one set up with your 10 teeth ratchet, back play is very little.
Ratchet diameter has a lot to do with it, we would probably be ok with 12 teeth on the 650, 16 on the 750 and 18 on the 9500.
But if you could get more, that would be great.
You actually sent me one with 20 teeth a while back, I'm dying to try it, too bad I can't, the cut out is too large.
This one was for the 9500, only half of the dog makes contact with the ratchet, but being ss, I'm not worried about it.
18 teeth on the 9500 would definitely work, we need to experiment and see how far we could get.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I'll draw up a 18T one right now.  Can the OD be slightly larger?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

We probably could,but I would keep them the same Lee, the 650 dog has a sharper angle due to the OD being smaller.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I drew one up anyway and will mark it when I send the next batch.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Don't over do it, tolerance is very tight on these reels. I'm still going to recommend that we keep the same OD and concentrate on how many teeth we can squeeze on the ratchet.

Keta

Did both, I made the larg OD .10" larger and was able to make the flats on the teeth a bit bigger.  On the stock OD ones I can file off the tab rather than take it off on the belt sander so it still looks good.  The new CAD software makes changes easy and was worth every $.

Mark Twain

BogueSounder

Keta / Sal,
Following the ratchet development with great interest. Great work.

So if I understand, Keta is developing a 10-650 with additional teeth in stainless? Very cool...available?

Any thoughts been given to a 10-550? Would also be very cool.

Keta

I'm waiting for the cutter to schedual my job, then there will be a few available, after I know they will work I'll have a production run cut.

Mark Twain