Double-dog on avet?

Started by Zinox, March 21, 2013, 12:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zinox

Have anyone tried to double-dog a Avet reel ?
To reduce the amount of "back turn".

I have a SX raptor, and would love a little bit less handle movement.

Greetings Bjarke.

SoCalAngler

I don't think it can be done with Avets way of engaging the dog. The dog is not spring loaded in my non-Raptor reels. Also where would you put the second dog? There is no other place on the sideplate to place one.

Zinox

They already made room for one in the other side of the casing, (facing the wrong direction)
but if you removed a bit of material i think, there should be room to invert one there, and just make it spring loadet.

alantani

the older models already had double dogs.  too bad they didn't stick with that design.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Zinox

Does anyone know how i can get this for my SX raptor ? I wrote Avet a mail a LONG time ago and they didn't answer, any one who could help me out?

Part no:
26: screws
27: dog-plate
28: dog

Reelz

Just call them up or order it from their website. I never had a problem with them.

Keta

Quote from: Zinox on March 21, 2013, 07:00:52 PM
Does anyone know how i can get this for my SX raptor ? I wrote Avet a mail a LONG time ago and they didn't answer, any one who could help me out?

Fill out the boxes in the link below and the nice young lady with the heavy accent (Aleza?) will call you in a day or so to confirm your order.

http://www.avetreels.net/PARTS.php
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Zinox

Thanks a lot, just gave it a try, now we will see what happens, don't hope she calls me, i'm from Denmark so there's around 6-7 hours time difference between us :P

Keta

D'oh!!!!   For a fellow Dane I can get the parts and ship them to you like I did for Hafnor.  Shipping from KF to Oslo ($2.05) was less than shipping from SoCal to KF ($5.00) and both together was much less than what he was quoted by Avet.

Let's deal with this by PM.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Zinox

That sounds awesome ill shoot yOu a PM :)