I Just Could Not Help Myself!

Started by Keta, March 23, 2013, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: BMITCH on March 24, 2013, 04:18:41 PM
Lee, if you could pm the email of Greg. I seem to have lost/deleted mine off my email list. I know the eBay listing states only available in the cobalt blue. Not really my color. Wanted to see if there was a possible alternate color in the works.

Thanks, Bob
Here you go Bob, to you and anyone else that want to contact him.
chowderpuff7@yahoo.com
Tell Gregg I said hello.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

Nice upgrade there Lee. I got a couple of those blue narrow kits from Gregg for two of my P 533 5.5s and love them.

Alto Mare

Guys, just be careful when you purchase the smaller frames for the 100, 146 and 501.
Gregg and myself were going back and forth with a Tiburon Rep. I had issues with the new style frames, the rod clamp on those wouldn't get tight on a standard rod. Gregg actually had to send me some of his own frames with the older style clamp.
They designed the new style for  California fishermen, apparently they use a different rod than we do here in the NE, the reel seat is larger than ours. They always have to be different ::).
I mentioned to Gregg and Tiburon that I wouldn't be purchasing anymore frames until they correct them and make them the same as they used to be. They told me that they would go back to the older style, but I'm not so sure. Just make sure what type of clamp you will be getting with yours.... if you do order one of those smaller frames.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Yeah, I know. Alan T. Just hooked me up with a spare foot that I could grind down to fit the rod. This to keep one that was not hacked up. I thought it eas just my choice of rods.
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

I have an Avet EX 4/0 that does the same thing.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

The design is ridiculous, I don't see why they would change it. The new clamp bolts  is almost half the size in thickness from the original. I have clamps and bolts, the problem is that the frame is drilled about 1/16" tighter. You could enlarge it and re-tap, but you will void their warranty as soon as you do.

BMITCH

Newell I did the same to a G454. Lee the green could work for me. Or do I hold out for a silver,black or red?

Keta

If you like green get one from Greg, he put in the effort to get this special run made by Tib.  I bite blue better.

The problem with my EX4/0 is different, the foot was not long enough and the reel seat would not hold it.

Mark Twain

erikpowell

I almost bit on the blue too..but thought it'd look funny with maroon sides
...i'll wait for the green :D

Dominick

All you guys that are worried about the esthetics of the colors,  :o  go for the blue frame and powder coat the rings white.  What better colors than red, white and blue?   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Dominick, I'm a really bad fisherman. Looks are EVERYTHING!!

BMITCH

Sal, thanks for Greg's mail. I'll contact him this week.

Alto Mare

Not a problem Bob!

Domenico, that's a great idea about the white rings ;). Someone here was supposed to do something like that for me a while back, but I don't remember who.

George4741

Awww, Lee, why did you have to go and do this! ;)  You know how much I like narrow reels!  Now I have to decide if a $150 frame kit (and a 112H reel, which I don't have) will fit in my budget.  And I can't use the excuse that the kits are all sold, as there are still 5 available. 

I do prefer a silver colored frame, though.

Thanks pal,
George

viurem lliures o morirem