I Just Could Not Help Myself!

Started by Keta, March 23, 2013, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

And I blame you all, especialy Sal.
I've been off and on working on trying to make a narrow spool for one of my 112H reels, more off than on, and it looks like someone got Tiberone to do it for me.  I had funds setting in my PayPal account and I just had to have one!  I bite on blue best too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121085237825?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

john2244

Nice Lee, you will have fun with that reel.  I love the color too.  I am trying to hold off but I might be right behind you with a purchase.
John

Irish Jigger

Congratulations Lee,good choice. The 112H is my favourite reel. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Alto Mare

Lee, earlier you thanked me and now you're blaming me, what's going on buddy?
Now if that's the case, I'm not showing you what I just came up with on that reel, by using a 15-500 and a 15-309 ss dogs.  ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

Lee, I'm glad you bought one. Now if he would only sell out. That cobalt blue is nice. I am tempted so I hope others remove the temptation.  We need pics of the finished reel.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 23, 2013, 07:36:34 PM
Lee, earlier you thanked me and now you're blaming me, what's going on buddy?
Now if that's the case, I'm not showing you what I just came up with on that reel, by using a 15-500 and a 15-309 ss dogs.  ;D

Blame and thanks :o   I just got back from the shop digging out a useable 112H and making sure I have all of the parts.  This reel might get a set of 5:1 gears as soon as Alan makes them available.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

You did good Lee.  You already know I'll be getting some. ;)
I tried something different with the dogs and it's working nicely. This isn't too hard to do

As you can see I used a 15-500 that you modified and a 15-309

and here is a shot of the bridge in place

and the reel back together so I could test it

The reel works flawlessly, free spool is great and the dogs make a nice sound. No issues with clearance.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

Nice work Sal,you make it look very easy.

erikpowell

Bula Lee,
What are you going to spool it with and what do you reckon the line capacity would be?
Nice choice...i'm really tempted too
Cheers
Erik

Keta

Probably 40lb Spectra, it should hold a little more than a 501.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

Oh no! Another upgrade.... I hope they sell out quick!!
luck is the residue of design.

Keith K

BMITCH

Lee, if you could pm the email of Greg. I seem to have lost/deleted mine off my email list. I know the eBay listing states only available in the cobalt blue. Not really my color. Wanted to see if there was a possible alternate color in the works.

Thanks, Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

I've just been communicating with him through E-bay.  All he has is blue....but that's the color I prefer.

Mark Twain

Cone

Sal, your the double dog guru. I don't think theres a Penn made you can't double dog. Nice work.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD