PENN LONG BEACH 68 DRAG UPGRADE

Started by pcde123, April 18, 2013, 04:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

i recently bought a penn long beach 68, idk what condiiton it is in, i have not opened it up but i do know that there is a bit of corrosion on it,
for starters can someone give me a list of supplies needed,(tools, cleaning stuff, replacment parts)
i want to take this slow ( i just need it done by this summer), what is the default drag and how high can i raise it to? ill be posting photos of the opened reel soon, after i feel confident in what im doing

pcde123

btw how do u upload photos when i try to upload them they dont seem to show up

Bryan Young

You need to use a photo host, such as photobucket, picasa, and the like.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Do a search for the "grouper special." That is a Senator with parts form your reel in it. Everything done to that reel can be done to yours. Their may be a new method of increasing drag in the future but with your wide spool it would probably be good to just do the GS build.

Good luck and have fun!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

pcde123

do i google it? cus nothign coming out on the serach bar on this site, and google doesnt show much

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"