first rainbow trouts

Started by Brian A, April 27, 2013, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian A

Made some new fishing buddies.  Couldn't have caught these without their Aloha.  One shared the color they were biting and another shared the right leader size. 

Was a great morning. 

Aloha

Alto Mare

nice going  jaybri. One of my favorite fish to eat.
Thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brian A

Thanks. Care to share a recipe? I'm just gonna fry these.

Alto Mare

Mine is probably unusual, because it is chilled.
Just in case you want to give it a go, I steam the trout and remove meat from the skin and bones.
I place the meat in a bowl, I'll add some good quality olive oil, lemon juce, alittle salt and pepper, one or two crushed garli and a handful of chopped italian parsley. Toss it and place it in the fridge for a little while.
You will really get the full flavor this way.
If you'll try it, let me know if you like it.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brian A

Sounds good. I'll let you know.  Gonna try tomorrow again.  This lake is only 15 min from home!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TomT

First:  Sal's recipe sounds great!!    2nd:  nothing wrong with frying them.  If camping you can always thread them on a stick or skewer and rotate them over the coals.  Or place them in foil with a little butter and spices of your choice, wrap them tightly and place near the coals rotating them often.  I like to smoke them.  I'm not sure there is a bad way to cook trout--except overcooking them.  Enjoy!!
Tom

Bryan Young

Awesome Brian. Just no eat them sashimi or poke. Too many parasites. Needs to be cooked first (even with vinegar, lemon,...).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brian A

Quote from: noyb72 on April 27, 2013, 08:17:41 PM
What lake is that?

Ron

Ron, it's Pine Lake.  Lmk. We go.

Tom T, thanks for the tips.  We gonna try camp lake Chelan this year, I'll remember those tips.

Bryan, thanks for the heads up. Pretty good fried.  Plenty small bones in middle, but not too troublesome.

Shoots guys, thanks for showing interest.

Aloha

Ron Jones

I've had a picnic there but never wet a line. I have a time share on Lake Chelan, one of the best places to be that isn't next to salt water. I'll be up in July, we can get together.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TomT

Should have mentioned that once the fish is cooked, you can easily use a kitchen utensil like a knife and lift the flesh right off the bones.  Try it a couple of times and you will be an expert.
Tom

alantani

beautiful!  dad used to take us trout fishing when we were kids!  good times.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

And like father like son, Alan takes his dad to a much bigger lake for salmon. :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

buy me a round trip airfare and will give you my secret recipe... ;) thanks for sharing...

spottybastard

I've never heard of that lake, where is it at?  Northern CA?