Need one of the blue reel clamp screws for a AVET EX50W - suggestions?

Started by Jon_Kol, May 15, 2013, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Well, word gets around about the excellent knowledge and helpfull people at alantani.com.. now we have Bryan who's helped us out with getting the T-bar handles for our Avet LX 6/3 reels, after such a long and troublesome wait (as mentioned in the other topic I made in this section of the forum), and now another friend of mine is seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, after failing to get any response from Avet for a loooong time - trying to get hold of that one miserable reel clamp screw, which he lost quite some time ago.

The screw was set in the reel clamp on a Avet EX50W, the blue reel. The loss of that screw hasn't kept him awake at night, but still there's something slightly annoying when you know that there's a little part missing and it should be easily fixed. It's one of those seen here, the one being tightened:

http://alantani.com/gallery/1/1_23_12_09_7_54_04_4.jpeg
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/attachments/rods-reels/157635d1253549705-avet-pro-ex-4-0-2-dscn1053.jpg - the one sticking out (my apologies for not knowing the english word for this reel part)

So that's why I'm asking if anyone here might have such a screw to donate/sell, or if it's possible to get hold of it via one of the US-users of this forum? As I mentioned, everything fell into place once Bryan contacted Avet directly to help us out with the T-bar handles, so maybe someone can assist in this matter as well? If so, that would be very appreciated.

I hope I'm not overdoing the number of topics here on the forum today, if so please let me know. Thanks.

-Jon-

Bryan Young

Jon, handles were going out tomorrow. But if you want the post, I can call Avet again. Do you have the part number?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Jon_Kol on May 15, 2013, 10:47:40 PM
I hope I'm not overdoing the number of topics here on the forum today, if so please let me know. Thanks.

You aren't even getting close.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 16, 2013, 12:06:49 AM
Jon, handles were going out tomorrow. But if you want the post, I can call Avet again. Do you have the part number?

Bryan

Bryan, that would be great! Thanks a lot! If my eyes are reading the pdf. correctly (poor quality on the pdf-schematic on Avets web-site) the part name and number is:

111. Clamp Nut |2 req| EXW502-111

Not too sure about the |2 req| part, it's really hard to read what it says. Here's the pdf: http://www.avetreels.net/uploads/EXW50.pdf

I also see that I wrote "blue screw" in the first post here, that's a mistake on my part. Must have been thinking about the reel being blue, besides it's the clamp nut he needs - not the screw. Sorry about that.

Bryan Young

Just a couple of nuts... ;D  sorry, I couldn't resist.  Will put in the order today.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Jon_Kol on May 16, 2013, 07:44:02 AM
Not too sure about the |2 req| part, it's really hard to read what it says.

It takes 2 of them for the clamp, have Bryan order an extra pair.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 16, 2013, 02:17:11 PM
Just a couple of nuts... ;D  sorry, I couldn't resist.  Will put in the order today.

Thank you once again, wonderful stuff! This forum is just getting better and better by the minute. :D

Bryan Young

Hi Jon,

Just to be sure, is there anything else you may need from Avet to save on the shipping cost to me, and therefore, extra cost to you?  Please advise.

Bryan

Keta

I need a Blue HXJ Raptor  ;D

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Want me order one for you Lee?

Note, I never said it was free. ;D

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 16, 2013, 04:59:45 PM
Want me order one for you Lee?

Note, I never said it was free. ;D
Order 2 for me, I don't mind paying the shipping charges.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Oh, too slow.  I ordered 2 nuts and I got to nuts responding  ;D

Lee and Dominick, love you guys.  keeping me entertained.

Keta

;D

I work part time for a sporting goods dealer.

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on May 16, 2013, 06:49:54 PM
;D

I work part time for a sporting goods dealer.

Perfect job.  I wish we could abuse your discounts.  Nah, everyone needs to make some money to keep this habit going.

BTW Lee, what is the status of the remaining Daiwa Sealine Series metal Drag Washers?

Keta

On the top of my list of things I need to start, do you want to buy my sheep and do some hay cutting for me? ;D

Mark Twain