New from New Hampshire

Started by rodmaker, May 18, 2013, 09:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodmaker

Hello everyone, my fishing season this year ended before it had even started. In February I slipped on some ice in the driveway upon landing I heard a cracking sound, at first I thought I broke a bone but what I did was tear two tendons from my rota-tor cuff. So I figure no better time to get my gear in order. I started looking into reel repair web sites and before long I was directed here. I have always done my own reel maintenance and thought I doing a good job until l I spent a few weeks as a guest reading. Wow from what I have learned already this site is going to bring me to a whole new level.
I have been gathering up reels, tools, lubricants and schematics in preparation to begin, but I just had my rota-tor surgery two days ago so as soon as my arm comes out of this sling I will be getting started.  Until then thanks to you guys I still have plenty to read.

Alto Mare

Welcome Rodmaker, I hope you get back in shape soon. I also need one of those, I've been working with it for two years now. I'm self employed, I have medical for me and my family, but can't afford disability insurance :-\. I'm doing fine, but can't lift over my head with my right arm.
Enjoy your stay.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

hi  rod maker       you found a great home with gentlemen that will bend over backwards to help you, you have a question, there will be plenty of answers coming your way,  welcome.  as far as you and sal with rotator cuff problems, i'm like sal can't lift my arm with out a creaking, crackling noise and alot of pain, but mine is from the arthur family, arthur ritis, ouch !

BMITCH

Hi rodmaker. Welcome to Mr. Tani's place. Good luck with the recovery. You should be good to go in a few months.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

Welcome aboard RodMaker-you should enjoy yourself here. I used to fish on the Eastman's Boats & knew some very good rod builders up in N.H.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

surfcaster

Welcome I wish you a speedy recovery I live up here in NH also.

kamuwela

aloha rodmaker welcome to mr tanis neighborhood

Cone

Welcome rodmaker. I'm sorry to hear about the wing. I hope you recover soon. Let us know if we can help.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood and a speedy recovery so you can start with your projects...

Brian A

Aloha rodmaker. 

do yo make rods?

e komo mai.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

willybendit

Mandelstam

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

welcome, and get well quick!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!