NEW TO SIGHT

Started by RUSTY OLD COLT, July 17, 2013, 03:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RUSTY OLD COLT

I HAVE RECENTLY JOINED THIS SIGHT THRU A LINK SENT TO ME BY SAL.  I LIVE ON LONG ISLAND NY AND ALWAYS HAD A INTEREST IN FISHING,BUT NEVER FISHED MUCH.  THIS YEAR A FRIEND OF MINE TOOK ME OUT ON MORICHES BAY IN HIS BOAT AND GAVE ME A LAMIGLASS TFX 6615 ROD THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR SHALLOW WATER  BUCKTAIL FLUKING . NOW ALL I DO IS LOOK FOR OLD PENN REELS TO RESTORE AND I STARTED TYING MY OWN BUCKTAILS. NICE TO HAVE FOUND A FORUM  WITH PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PASSION FOR RESTORING AND MODIFYING REELS

Bryan Young

Welcome Rusty.  A friend of Sal is a friend of mine.  Glad to have you on board.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

Welcome Rusty! I would look at Sal's house for old Penn reels. I'm sure some are there.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Hello Rusty, nice to see you finally made it over. You will like it here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Welcome Rusty,
Bob from NJ
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

Welcome aboard Rusty. I'm on the West end of L.I. in Queens. I fish Moriches on the King Cod often.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

harryk3616

welcome  rusty       i'm in brentwood, west of moriches, if you ever have a reel problem or need a part, contact me, i'd be more than glad to meet you and help you out. oh, sal comes highly recommended, he's the best.     harryk

Bill B

Rusty....welcome from the Sacramento delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

kamuwela

thanks for joining rusty

Dominick

Rusty huh a friend of Sal huh.  It is too late you were doomed from the moment you met Sal.  He's known for deviating from the norm around to reels.  One who deviates from the norm is a deviant.  Run while you have a chance to escape.  If you work on another reel there is no turning back bwahahahaha. :D Dominick

P.S.  Welcome from sunny San Mateo, CA.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Welcome to the Penn Addiction! :P
You are in the right place!
Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

saltydog

Welcome from Texas.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur