Pro Gear 541 Bridge for Penn 4/0.

Started by franky, July 24, 2013, 01:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky

Hello,

I was just browsing on ebay and saw replacement bridges for Penn 113 reels.  The seller says that it is Pro Gear Bridges and they will fit and replace all penn 4/0 reels.

Since I am not familiar with Pro Gear, I wanted to confirm with folks on this site before buying.

Will this bridge actually fit all Penn 113 H and 113HLW reels without any modifications?  All sideplate and bridge screw holes line up?  Will the gear sleeve height be the same as the original penn bridge and gearsleeve?

If if does fit exactly like the penn bridges, I will put in my order.

Thanks all,

Franky

Bryan Young

Hi Franky,

That is correct. It will fit 113h, 113hl, and 113hlw.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ShoreKasterHI

I had problems with that bridge putting on a SS gearsleeve. When I would put the pin in and spin it, it would bind. If your going to run it stock I had no problems with it.

Alto Mare

Pro gear bridge requires a little adjustment, the grove on the post is a little different from penn's. You have a couple of options, you could get a replacement bridge from penn, you could drill another pin hole on the ss sleeve at the proper height or simply make the locking pin flat on one side and see if that helps.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

You need to shave a little off the securing pin of a Penn spec gear sleeve to remove the binding.  I have done this with all of my Pro Gear reels without any further issues.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

franky

Okay,

So if I am running everything stock, then its a go....order being placed.  Thanks everyone.  :)[quote

Joel.B

I have plenty of good used bridges for 113h

let me know if you want one

franky

Thank you Joel.B,

I put in an order.  I'll keep you in mind in the future though...

Thanks,

Franky :)

Joel.B

Quote from: franky on July 26, 2013, 07:19:47 PM
Thank you Joel.B,

I put in an order.  I'll keep you in mind in the future though...

Thanks,

Franky :)

Mine are free

steelfish

I know this is a really old thread but I have aquestion related to this same topic

is there any improvement using a pro gear 541 bridge over a stock 113h bridge?
is the gear sleeve same quality and material than stock penn?
The Baja Guy