We don't need any stinking CF Drags!!!

Started by El Pescador, July 30, 2013, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

After having lunch with my wife and a long time friend today at my favorite fish restaurant in San Mateo, the photo over the door caught my attention and I had to post it.

With ALL due respect to you Alan and this incredible reel repair educational website, and Stainless steel this and that, and tanking a 113H, what I was thinking when I looked at this photo was...    "We don't need any stinking CF Drags!!!"

Fish hard!!  Pull Harder!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Ron Jones

When I was stationed in Point Loma I used to look at the tuna fleet monument at least twice a week. As much as I hate So Cal, the history of those men is impressive.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

That's how I learned to tuna fish. ;D

Note, I said "learned" not that I did it. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bucktail

Just a jig-a-lo

HOLEINTHEWATER

saltydog

Now that's a wide open tuna bite I haven't seen since I was a kid.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

erikpowell

BMITCH

Hey Bob, I bought that same video. Neat how they use the potato to determine the salinity of the water for the slurry to store the fish. These guys needed those helmets. They were crazy! Thanks for reminding me of this I need to watch it again.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

alantani

i was trying to figure out who the narrator was.  it sounded like david janssen, the guy that played "the fugitive" in that 1960's tv show!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Alan, I'm not sure. I grabbed the DVD and there is no mention of the narrator.
luck is the residue of design.

john2244

That was great !!  Thanks for posting.

John

Bucktail

I'm pretty sure it's William Conrad who used to play "Cannon" on TV, as well as many other roles. 
Just a jig-a-lo

alantani

yes, it does sound more like him!  another great tv show!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bucktail

Alan, I just looked him up.  It says he used to be the narrator on "The Fugitive", so that's probably what made you think about that show.

It didn't list it on Wikipedia, but I think he used to narrate a series of outdoor shows in the 70s.  I can't think of the name of it though.
Just a jig-a-lo

Joel.B

I wonder how long a moratorium would need to be in order to bring the numbers back to what they were?

I have heard as little as a year would make huge difference.