Alan's new handle arms in SS

Started by Bryan Young, August 12, 2013, 07:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 15, 2013, 11:20:57 AM
I think the my new Stainless arm shortage is about over! ;D
Who is going to have them First? Alan or Lee?  :-*

I have them in 500/112H, 113H/349, 114H and the large Senators in non standard lengths but they are a PIA for me to polish and Alan has more $ invested in them than I do.

I can do custom ones if anyone wants to deal with polishing them themselves but I'm not planning on doing a production run.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Lee, you sent me one for the 6/0 right?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Who is going to have them First? Alan or Lee?  :-*
It's not about who's going to have them first, nor are we competing with Lee.  My designs are solely based on Penn's traditional design of their current chrome plated brass handle and arms.  The reason we decided to do this is to provide an arm where we do not need to take a perfectly good handle and arm, then drill out the handle, then add a new handle.  This causes us more work.  So when you think about it, our motives are selfish based on labor.  If we could just take an arm blank and just screw on a handle, it makes me a happier camper.

We didn't think that this move was going to interfere with Lee's offering as his are more of the customize look, longer arms,...  My design are based on Penn's multi-hole stock arm design.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 15, 2013, 03:43:53 PM
Who is going to have them First? Alan or Lee?  :-*
It's not about who's going to have them first, nor are we competing with Lee.  My designs are solely based on Penn's traditional design of their current chrome plated brass handle and arms.  The reason we decided to do this is to provide an arm where we do not need to take a perfectly good handle and arm, then drill out the handle, then add a new handle.  This causes us more work.  So when you think about it, our motives are selfish based on labor.  If we could just take an arm blank and just screw on a handle, it makes me a happier camper.

We didn't think that this move was going to interfere with Lee's offering as his are more of the customize look, longer arms,...  My design are based on Penn's multi-hole stock arm design.

Bryan

X2.  It's more about making parts available but still making it worth tying up my time.  I can cut individual pieces, make small ruins and draw up custom parts.

Quote from: BMITCH on August 15, 2013, 03:34:06 PM
Lee, you sent me one for the 6/0 right?
Bob

I finished drilling and taping yesterday and put the first one on my 114HN, yours will be in the mail soon.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Its not about competition Bryan. I'm just happy to get ss arms for the 114H. I have been looking for a while. Just making Conversation. ;D
You guys are the best! ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

alantani

lee's design is for a more heavy duty application.  the one that bryan designed is just a copy of the penn arm, so it will be the same light duty applications as the stock arm, nothing more.  if you need more umphhhhh, you will need a longer arm like the one that lee is making.  the one we have is more for everyday use with no worry about corrosion. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I'm only doing custom and long handles and will make them for any reel.

Mark Twain

floating doc

I would like to have one for my 112HN.
Central Florida

edgarz

Will this fit Talica 8II and 10II reels as well?

Bryan Young

Quote from: edgarz on October 09, 2013, 12:50:25 AM
Will this fit Talica 8II and 10II reels as well?
Unfortunately, they will not fit Talicas.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Here are the SS Arms.  The arms cost $8 plus shipping if purchasing the arms.  If purchasing the arm and handle, the cost for the arm is only $8.  Comparison pictures to follow.

Bryan Young

Penn Jigmaster, including Squidders, 60 series, Long Beach Series, 112/H, 113,...

Bryan Young

Penn 4/0 (113H)

Bryan Young

And Penn 6/0s and 9/0s (114, 114H, 115)