Alan's new handle arms in SS

Started by Bryan Young, August 12, 2013, 07:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hello guys/gals,

these will be the new handle arms provided in stainless.  We are more traditionalist and like the original design from Penn, so we stuck with the common look of the arm.  These will allow you to keep the traditional look while being able to install your own handle preference.  

SS prototype will be available shortly for viewing, then sale via Alan.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

nice work, bryan!  it's looking like another $2000 project. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

saltydog

Very nice I will definitely be picking a few up.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 13, 2013, 10:43:42 AM
Will these be for the 114H?  :P
the last one will. They are for jigmaster/suidders/longbeach/...; then 113H; then 114H from top to bottom.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 13, 2013, 02:56:22 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 13, 2013, 10:43:42 AM
Will these be for the 114H?  :P
the last one will. They are for jigmaster/suidders/longbeach/...; then 113H; then 114H from top to bottom.
Awesome! 8)
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Bryan Young

will post prices once we confirm the prices.

I haven't fully decided on the type of stainless yet.

301, 304, 316, 17-4,...  will be working the the cutter and a machinest to determine what is the best SS to use considering our usage.

floating doc

Central Florida

Bryan Young

George4741

Bryan, how thick will they be?  I hope they are as thick as the Khanh Tran Special at .160".  I luv that handle arm. :-*
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

alantani

the original idea was to make them the same thickness as stock, so that they would fit on the gears sleeves the same as stock.  not sure that the original thickness is, but they will be the same as the original arms. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Quote from: George4741 on August 14, 2013, 04:09:46 AM
Bryan, how thick will they be?  I hope they are as thick as the Khanh Tran Special at .160".  I luv that handle arm. :-*
  George
Requested thicknesses are:

1.    Jigmaster Arm - ~0.113 in. thick

2.    4-0 Arm - ~0.114 in. thick

3.    6-0 Arm - ~0.158 in. thick

Then selection will be based on available SS and available thickness for the SS selected.

doradoben

Will the 4/0 & 6/0 be the standard Penn length?

Shark Hunter

I think the my new Stainless arm shortage is about over! ;D
Who is going to have them First? Alan or Lee?  :-*
Life is Good!