Saying hello!

Started by Clipper, August 25, 2013, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper

Glad to find a haven for Penn reel obsessives like myself.  Like some of you, my earliest childhood memories include sitting with my grandfather on a New Jersey beach, listening to his Squidder sing as it sent his rig what seemed to be a mile out into the surf.  That was more than 50 years ago, and I'm sure it is no surprise that I still use that reel today.

Looking forward to learning from all of you and to more pleasant hours at my bench preparing  my old school Penns for their next fishing trip.

Cheers! 
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Squiddy, I bet you remember those days as it was just yesterday ;).
Welcome aboard.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

DaBigOno

Hi Squiddy.

I still use my squidder also.  Still believe its  a useable weapon in the quiver. in fact, I just bought a brand new in-the-box Newell spool the other day for it cause the old plastic one was cracking.   It was 40 bucks just for the spool.   I also bought new bearings for it too.   Think that reel is worth more than $60??? 

I think I use my squidder and jigmasters more often than I use my new high tech reels.  I don't know why...

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

bajaandy

Welcome squiddy from Andy in SoCal.
I tink, therefore I am.

Dominick

Welcome.  However this is no haven.  You have crossed over to the dark side.  Bwahahahaha.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Welcome to the sand box!

Funny, I just learned why Squidders are called Squidders. I am a left coaster and had never heard of squidding until I read a book on mostly East Coast shore casting.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Clipper

Thanks all, glad to see senses of humor intact.  In my youth, a "squid" was a Hopkins hammered spoon.
Another day in Paradise!

Bryan Young

Welcome Squiddy.

I sure hope you glow in the dark, 'cause as Dominick has said, welcome to the dark side.  lol

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the neighborhood...

Ron Jones

Quote from: Squiddy on August 26, 2013, 02:30:12 PM
Thanks all, glad to see senses of humor intact.  In my youth, a "squid" was a Hopkins hammered spoon.
Exactly, the Squidders two spools were for different size linen line.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Clipper

Yes Ron, you reminded me of the light green "string" on his reel.
Another day in Paradise!