$72.99: 115L Stainless Steel Gear Set

Started by Black Pearl, September 13, 2013, 02:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

and a good deal at that price, too!  I just have to pause on working on the reels and start building some rods to catch up.
Central Florida

Black Pearl

All paid orders have been shipped out this morning.

If any member has any questions, please let me know.

Thank you all,
--Alan

broadway

Alan,
   I'm sure these babies are gonna work fantastic. However, just like the 112h and 114h gears I can't put my stamp on 'em until I test 'em on the water.  Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to wait until spring for the testing :(
Even the best companies make a flub here and there... ask every car company with a recall.  Hey, for that matter ask our Chief (Alan T), as the 113h gear sleeve holes (where the pin goes) had been off a teeny.
After all fishing reels are quite precise tools.
One thing I can say is the 113h gears are crazy good!
Can't wait for the testing phase.
Thanks
Dom
PS- I'm loving the bikini, as it really accentuates her curves ;) ;D

Black Pearl

Has anybody received this gear set order yet?

Shark Hunter

Yes, I have four. Got them last week. ;D

Looks good as always Chui! Thank You.
I will be cutting drag washers and getting ready to try them out in a week or two. I finally get some time off. Other than two days of the annual winter tree trimming duty. I will have 10 days to only work on reels. I have waited 4 months to do this. There will be some double dogging, stainless steel sleevin' and custom drag stackin' goin' on! ;D
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

ChileRelleno

Just tanked my 9/0...  Here sharkie  ;D

Just need to get a handle to put on the SS arm.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Chile, give us some details on which drags you went with. Also if you could, let us know what numbers are you're getting at max.
I picked up a 9/0 for $65, I just couldn't let it go.The reel looks almost new and came with the box,
now I don't have to mess with my brand new one that a friend sent me, a little while back.

I already double dogged it and its ready to go, I will be testing the insert from Lee and the washers from Bryan.
I see that most of you guys got your gears, I'm still waiting for mine...and I thought he liked me :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Standard style gear set, not the Hex.
Alan's SS Gear Sleeve with HT-100 washer.
Double SS Dogs, alternating engagement.
SS yoke from Smoothdrag.com
Six stack of HT-100 drags with SS washers.

Don't know if I'll go through the hassle to test the limits of the drag the way you do.
Last time I did that testing my tanked 6/0, I snapped an old Custom Striker rod.

Ragnar Benson:

Alto Mare

I don't blame you John, I've done that to one of my favorite rods not long ago.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I'll be putting the hex in a 9/0 and a 114HLW. ss sleeve, yoke and double dogs.
I'm also going to put a 7 stack in a different 9/0 with the non hex with Bryan's washers.
I'll be using Eric's .140 for the hex.
Life is Good!

broadway

You're not alone, Sal... Santa didn't drop off my gears and I thought I was a good boy ::)
I think Alan was set back a bit with the jig master pinion issue or he shipped pony express ;D
I can't wait for these monsters!
Dom

Shark Hunter

Did Lee get his? I hope so, he was super pissed last time! :D
You guys got yours first last time. Its special treatment time for us! ;)
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Speaking of slow shipping.

Dawn @ Smoothdrag.com needs to get things snapping.
I placed an order this last Monday morning and it didn't get to me till today.
Cali to Bama in less than 72hrs, I tell ya  ::)

Yes, I'm being facetious  ;D
Thanks Dawn!
Ragnar Benson: