Penn 116 Ht-100 drag stack height problem?

Started by Dynamo, September 29, 2013, 10:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dynamo

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 30, 2013, 01:03:15 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 30, 2013, 12:45:08 AM
Nothing sick about that Dynamo, try it you'll be amazed. Fiber washers need to be .75mm, metal are stock.
I don't know how old you are, but it would be like trying to stop a car with regular breaks and one with power breaks. ;)
Sick is a slang term Sal, the younger crowd uses. Instead of saying "Very Nice", they say "that's Sick!"
I don't get it either. This Dynamo is really going through this place! I think he knows a lot about Shark Fishing. I've been waiting for you to Chime in and show us some "Three Wheel Motion!" ;D

Thanks, Shark Hunter, I might have knowledge, But I wish I could get out more. I need more experience. Once I can drive things will be better. Uh,oh, I revealed my age, lol. Only went sharking once this year, and that was only a measly attempt in my local spot for bulls. I don't think that ride will take turns too well, looks sick though, lol.

Keta

Quote from: Dynamo on September 30, 2013, 12:53:35 AM
I meant sick as in awesome,

Not for us "old guys" but I knew this from my kids.

Get the thinner CF washers from Smooth Drag.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dynamo

You're not old, I'm just strange! Thanks I'll look into smooth drag!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dynamo

Keta

You are starting the reel tinkering addiction early.  I've been doing it for close to 50 years but it got worse thanks to the members of this asylum.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dynamo

Asylum, haha! I love it! Its like a disease isn't it. I swear reel tinkering will drive me bankrupt one day.........

Keta

Take tiny steps, I still don't have a Senator larger than a 6/0  (3 or 4 or them)...and I do have several 50's and 70's

Mark Twain

Dynamo

Dynamo

"The Asylum" reminds me of Wonko the Sane from the Hitchhiker's guide series. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Makule

Quotei don't really want any more drag than the stock thirty. I've seen with my own eyes what happens when a 12/0's drag is overexerted.

So just don't tighten the star over whatever amount you want.  Just because it's available, doesn't mean you must use it.  Only keep in mind that it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Dynamo

Good advice, thanks. How much drag can a 12/0 take before reel seat failure?

Bunnlevel Sharker

Other stuff will fail first, as u should have brace and rod clamp
Grayson Lanier

Dynamo