WeSeekHer Rods - saying hi

Started by WeSeekHer Rods, October 18, 2013, 06:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeSeekHer Rods

Been lurking on and off a while back, looking around and participating in some other forums.  By hobby/trade I run a small custom rod shop in Tigard Oregon.  I don't really specialize in anything in particular, but I've built a lot of off shore gear from light inshore stuff to cow tuna rail, kite and standup gear.  Lots of salmon gear and a few fly rods.  

Anyhow, if anyone has rod building questions I'm happy to help.

Dynamo

otownjoe

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

nice and welcome to the "neighborhood"...

WeSeekHer Rods

Top one is wood veneer as a decorative wrap - wrote that one up for Rodmaker magazine.  Red one, is one of the best Tiger wraps I've done.  These are are just chaos theory applied to thread in 3D

Ron Jones

I've read several how too threads about tiger wrapping, that one looks awesome. Their are enough rod wrappers on here that you all could support your own sub-forum.

Welcome aboard
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Cone

Welcome! I've always admired tiger wraps. Beautiful work. I'm sure a picture doesn't do it justice.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bill B

Sweet work...welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

WeSeekHer Rods

Quote from: noyb72 on October 19, 2013, 07:17:49 AM
I've read several how too threads about tiger wrapping, that one looks awesome. Their are enough rod wrappers on here that you all could support your own sub-forum.

Welcome aboard
Ron

I've written my own tutorial before, but I took it off the site I used to sponsor.  I need to add it to my own site, but the wrap is easy to do and it so unpredictable that it is always amazing when you pull the sacrificial thread.  The red one is done with black and silver metallic in the base layer and red NCP.

The wood veneer was written up for Rod Maker, so I'm not supposed to re-publish, but I do have the how to if anyone wants to talk about it.

Off to the pumpkin patch and yet another great PNW day in Oregon