Power pro (spectra) vs Dyneema

Started by Dwbuzzard, October 20, 2013, 10:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

spider wire seems the cheapest out of the list, might  go ahead and try it

Keta

Spider Wire is coated, before judging based on price PM me and I'll give you a fair price for JB.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

day0ne

Quote from: pcde123 on January 13, 2014, 06:10:30 AM
can anyone recommend me to some NICE braid, dyneema or spectra , ive been using power pro and it just isnt cutting it, trying out tufline xp and seaguar braid and their decent. i dont want anything hollow core

Why no hollow core? That is what I try to get so I don't need any knots.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

i would only use hollowcore.  the ability to splice hollowcore to add line or remove damaged sections is a huge advantage.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bunnlevel Sharker

he could be casting or pluggingor using spinning reels
Grayson Lanier

SoCalAngler

60lb spectra and below I use solid. The connection knots I use there is no problem with them going through the guides so no need for me to serve or use other inline connections. If solid gets damaged further up, say a 100 yards or so, you can always splice holow on top of the solid braid. When I hit the 60lb topshots and above I like hollow spectra as my backing just for the flexibilty of the connections I can use.

Spiderwire will cut the heck out of you sooner or later. Braided lines can be dangerous when it comes to line cuts but IMO Spiderwireis is just scary. You have to use thumb protection with Spiderwire but the braids I use you don't have too, though I do use it just in case.