FISHING GLOVES?

Started by LTM, October 23, 2013, 06:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Watched a video here where some guys were GT fishing having a blast and noticed they were wearing gloves.  I would like to know what gloves you guys use (those who wear them), what are your thoughts about the gloves you wear, and where to purchase them, whats the best brand/kind, etc?

Thanx,

Leo

Dynamo

I use any old set of gardening leather work gloves. Inflexible, but tough and cheap.

Shark Hunter

These Gloves are awesome for Sharking! 20 bucks at the home Depot. They dry well too.
Life is Good!

Dynamo

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 23, 2013, 09:02:43 PM
These Gloves are awesome for Sharking! 20 bucks at the home Depot. They dry well too.

Were those in your report?

Shark Hunter

Yes, Only the palms of mine are black as well.
Life is Good!

thedw

hi!

gt anglers mainly wear gloves to protect the index finger during those brutal casts!

any pair of gloves will do fine.

but if you really want something of better quality, go for fisherman gloves.

other options :
hots
Mc Works
Shout!
Varivas
Smith

Keta

I have a habit of loosing gloves on a boat so I use plastic coated lycra gardening gloves most of the time. Wells Lamont #456 are the ones I prefer.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

day0ne

I use a set of nice high end fishing gloves that I won in a contest, but to be perfectly honest, the mechanics gloves from Lowe's and Home Depot for $5-$10 are just as good and just as comfortable. In fact they look the same, just different colors. Some people just like to pay for the name. One thing to watch for is to make sure the fingers and palm are real leather. Some are faux leather and won't last one trip. You can pay $55-$60 for MC Works, Hots, etc or $10 at Home Depot/Lowe's, your choice. BTW, I found a special at, I believe, Lowe's, 4 pair for $10 and they have been great.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Shark Hunter

That's what I'm talking about! ;)
I actually don't want leather. It will not last if you keep dunking them in salt water.
I just need something to grab those Sharks with that will let me hold onto them.
You can't hold a PO'd Shark's tail with bare hands.
I'm going back for more of the Iron Clad Gloves.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Hey Daron, you can hold em but it dont feel good on a 6ft spinner thats mad :o Calcutta makes a cheaper pair of gloves, along with anything that can get a good grip on spectra for handling fish is great in my opinion. I have a camo hunting glove for when im hooked up, helps alot for guiding line and applying pressure
Grayson Lanier

Dynamo

More votes for garden gloves  :o ;D

otownjoe

I like the cheap cloth gloves from home depot. I use the ones with the plastic coating on the palms when I'm catching bait.I use the plain ones for specta.I cut off the fingertips on both.the best part is when they get too ripe from touching bait I can throw them away and grap a new pair.

floating doc

So there's votes for cotton gardening gloves, and mechanic's/construction style gloves. I've got a bunch of both, but never worn them fishing. The only gloves I've fished in were fingerless sun protection gloves, but then I'm still mostly fishing with mono.
Central Florida

day0ne

With conventional reels, spectra and no levelwind, something covering the left thumb is nice. With spinners and spectra, something covering the right index finger is nice. The above assumes you are right handed. Tape or gloves, either works.
David

day0ne

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 24, 2013, 05:53:01 AM

I actually don't want leather. It will not last if you keep dunking them in salt water.

I have a pair with leather that I have been using for several years and they are still fine. When they get stinky from bait, I use Dawn and wash them in the  sink with no apparent problems.
David