Happy happy happy

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, November 12, 2013, 03:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

;D ;D ;D ; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D

Nearly new 12/0. Only one problem. The little plastic stub that the eccentric plate rides on snapped off, it has been fished once and never serviced
Grayson Lanier

mgoose

Sweet and the fun begins !!

Bryan Young

I would probably drill it out and replace it with a metal stub and you'd be back in business
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Or just get another right side plate. I've never heard of that happening before. :-\
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Looking good!!

We're happy for you too!

What are your plans other than fishing that monster?
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Alto Mare

Sharker, could you show a picture of the inside of that plate? Thanks! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yeah sal, I will post a pic when I get back home. As for plans, I'm thinking 600yds of 130 jb to 130 mono
Grayson Lanier

Bunnlevel Sharker

Here's pics

First pic shows where it snapped off, second shows where it should be
Grayson Lanier

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bunnlevel Sharker

I'm waiting for a call back from penn, I'm heading to lowes after work for some epoxy
Grayson Lanier

sundaytrucka

I think epoxy would work fine, not familiar with brands and their effectiveness/strength though; probably get one marked for use of bonding plastics.

IMO...I would try and grind a little of the base plate where the stub attaches, that way with an epoxy application it will have more of an anchor point within the side plate. Grinding away the plate should be offset with the epoxy filling the gap.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Alto Mare

Epoxy would work but I would feel more comfortable drilling a pin hole on both parts, being careful not going through the plate and add a pin. A sleeve retaining pin would work, don't forget to add some epoxy in the holes.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

VW

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 12, 2013, 09:54:12 PM
Epoxy would work but I would feel more comfortable drilling a pin hole on both parts, being careful not going through the plate and add a pin. A sleeve retaining pin would work, don't forget to add some epoxy in the holes.

I too would add a brass or stainless pin.  Even if it went through the plate, it would not be that noticeable.

Shark Hunter

What do you think caused this Sal?
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Not sure, but to me looks like jack/yoke misalignment. This is very easy to do when assembling the reel, I always check the clutch assembly while the plate is in my hand.