Parts for BP 114H hex

Started by BMITCH, November 19, 2013, 10:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Ron, I think a good $ for that reel. I was also bidding. I picked up the used frame that was also listed. Good luck with it.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on November 20, 2013, 07:13:11 AM
Lee,
Alan says the HEX gears are almost gone and he is not making more. Any chance of drawing up an insert?
Ron

Done and a few were cut and in the mail to Sal for testing.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

FANTASTIC!
BMITCH,
It would be cool if both of us could win. My wife actually went over what I told her to (I am a lucky man) but I agree, it is a good price.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Does the 85-115 keyed washer fit in the hex gear?  They are cheaper than I can cut and sell them for.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

Lee, The 86-115 keyed washers fit in mine. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Keta

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Any idea how much smaller your insert is than the hex gear, or if their is a factory washer that will fit?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

john2244

Bob,

How thick is the 86-115 keyed washer???
Thanks,

John

Shark Hunter

The 86-115 will fit Chui's new 114H hex gears without modification. I believe this was Sal's request. He is making it easier for us to follow his lead! ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

I'd take 2 sets for the 114 if available.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

If anyone needs washers for their Hex gears. You better jump on the Lee bandwagon. Scotts has them for cheaper, but you are only allowed to order 5 at a time. By the time you figure their shipping. Lee is the way to go. ;)
That is of course if you have more than 1 set. I have 5. If you didn't get these, you missed the chance of a lifetime! 50lbs of drag out of a 114H! There is some serious fish to be reeled in with these gears!
Sal and Doc made this Happen for us. I am forever in their gratitude! ;D
Chui too! :)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 22, 2013, 06:52:31 AM
If anyone needs washers for their Hex gears. You better jump on the Lee bandwagon. Scotts has them for cheaper, but you are only allowed to order 5 at a time. By the time you figure their shipping. Lee is the way to go. ;)
That is of course if you have more than 1 set. I have 5. If you didn't get these, you missed the chance of a lifetime! 50lbs of drag out of a 114H! There is some serious fish to be reeled in with these gears!
Sal and Doc made this Happen for us. I am forever in their gratitude! ;D
Chui too! :)

X2

Newell Nut

I may be the only one confused here but above we are saying the 86-115 washers fit without modification and I looked at Sal's original picture of components and all metal washers are round in the ID except for one that is still keyed.

What is the correct way to make these metal washers? We need Sal's input.

Keta

The entire stack of metal washers needs to be keyed.  Mine will be .040" (1.016mm) but  can cut them out of .035" (.889mm) if needed.

Ron, no, there is not enough room in the gear.  I will be cutting metal washers to sell as sets with the inserts.

Sal had a problem with the 114H insert I sent him and a second version has been drawn up.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

Newell, I believe all the metal washers in the BP hex gear set have to be keyed. That way you get two surfaces per CF washer excluding the one in the bottom of the main gear.
Bob