Parts for BP 114H hex

Started by BMITCH, November 19, 2013, 10:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Just wondering if anyone has a source for the SS washers that are needed on the BP 114H hex gear set. Do I need to order the complete washer set from Smooth drag or Scott's?? Seems a waste due to not needing the keyed washers. Also if anyone knows where to get new bearings for the 114H and the 113H. I know it's here somewhere...it's just finding it. I could order from Boca but I'm not positive on the right size. I'm sure some of you guru's here know this off the top of your heads.
Thanks
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I am Curious too Bob. I have all the other parts needed except washers. I have a couple complete sets, but I need just the keyed too. I have ss sleeves, Hex gears, ss yokes, double ss dogs, 1.40 CF sheet and no washers. Four complete sets of everything and now Chui has the 115 gears ready.
I need to work some more overtime! :P
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Of some intrest on this thread I guess ??? Here is what I'm using for fabricating the cf washers to fit in the BP Hex gears. The scissors are getting right through the 1.4mm cf material. Straight and clean. From an earlier thread Sal recommended that the I.D. Be as close as possible without binding. I found that the 1/2" wood bit cut clean when backed up to a scrap 2X4. It was needing a little more so I used the dremmel with the grinding stone attachment. I was able to get pretty darn close to fitting perfectly. I will stay with that. You can see in comparison the 5/8" wood bit CF to the right. It doesn't fit the sleeve as neatly. The rest will be with the 1/2". The only other shaping after cutting off the most material around the template is on a fine grit bench grinder. The only thing I wish we're easier would be an economical punch for the center hole...any suggestions??

Bob

BMITCH

I gotta get better lighting for these photos :P ;D

Keta

You can use a gearsleeve and a belt sander to reshape metal washers or if you let me know how many you want  I can cut some metal washers. I also had the water cutter cut me some CF washers that came out real nice.  Sal should have a set by the end of the week to look over.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

john2244

Lee,

If you do cut metal washers for the HEX gear I would like to buy 15 washers.  I am not sure what the thickness should be to be able to get five of the 1.40 MM CF washers in the gear.

John

BMITCH

Quote from: john2244 on November 19, 2013, 04:41:17 PM
Lee,

If you do cut metal washers for the HEX gear I would like to buy 15 washers.  I am not sure what the thickness should be to be able to get five of the 1.40 MM CF washers in the gear.

John

X2!! 15 would just about do it lee. The metal washers have two flats on the I.D. Right? How do you shape that with a belt sander? Can't wait to see what Sals input will be with the water cut CF's if these become available that would be great!
Thanks Lee!!
Bob

Keta

They will be keyed washers.

Slip a spacing sleeve, item #9, over the gearsleeve, then put 5 stock keyed washers on the gear sleeve and a few 9/16" or 5/8" lock washers and then clamp the stack down with the handle screw (#23), snug but not too tight.

Run the washers on the sander belt at 45% making sure the flat is square with the belt and let them spin with the gearsleeve, if the gearsleeve is off the bridge use a Philips screwdriver in the sleeve.  CHECK THE OD OFTEN as you grind the washers down.  When they are finished take the washers off the gearsleeve and smack the stack on your bench to break them apart.  Remove the burr and you have reformed washers.

I'll cut 35 washers for now unless I get more requests.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Newell Nut

If anyone is interested there is a NIB 114HLW with Aluminum frame on flee bay and the current bid is $81. Goes off in a few hours from now.

Ron Jones

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 19, 2013, 07:39:06 PM
If anyone is interested there is a NIB 114HLW with Aluminum frame on flee bay and the current bid is $81. Goes off in a few hours from now.

Guess what I got for my birthday!!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2013, 06:39:55 PM
They will be keyed washers.

Slip a spacing sleeve, item #9, over the gearsleeve, then put 5 stock keyed washers on the gear sleeve and a few 9/16" or 5/8" lock washers and then clamp the stack down with the handle screw (#23), snug but not too tight.

Run the washers on the sander belt at 45% making sure the flat is square with the belt and let them spin with the gearsleeve, if the gearsleeve is off the bridge use a Philips screwdriver in the sleeve.  CHECK THE OD OFTEN as you grind the washers down.  When they are finished take the washers off the gearsleeve and smack the stack on your bench to break them apart.  Remove the burr and you have reformed washers.

I'll cut 35 washers for now unless I get more requests.
I'll take 25 of them Lee.
Life is Good!

Keta

I'll call the cutter in the morning.

Mark Twain

TomT

Ron Jones

Lee,
Alan says the HEX gears are almost gone and he is not making more. Any chance of drawing up an insert?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"