shark attack today.

Started by wallacewt, November 23, 2013, 08:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

20yr old surfer killed today,shark came back and grabbed another surfer bit his arm and leg.not sure if he lost his arm and leg

wallacewt

1st report was wrong,the man was 36yr,2 kids,hes dead,2nd bloke was injured.dont know how bad

floating doc

Where? We get lots of shark bites here in Volusia County, Florida, but they're typically cases of "mistaken identity".  Small sharks expecting to get a bait fish, instead ending up with a wayward hand or foot.
Central Florida

AndrewC

The attack took place on the Southern Coast of Western Australia
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Dominick

If I ever get to Australia, I'm not going in the water.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

AndrewC

Quote from: Pescachaser on November 23, 2013, 08:32:27 PM
If I ever get to Australia, I'm not going in the water.  Dominick

Dominic

The waters the safest place to be...We loose more people to snake and spider bites every year than we do to sharks :) :) :) 

philaroman

Quote from: Mr Grumpy on November 24, 2013, 04:36:44 AM
If I ever get to Australia, I'm not going in the water.  Dominick

Dominic

The waters the safest place to be...We loose more people to snake and spider bites every year than we do to sharks :) :) :)  

yeah, and you can throw stuff at the sharks -- like box jellies, blue-ringed octopi, cone snails & stonefish...  oh wait, those little bastards will make you writhe in Hellfire agony, while you wish that a shark would come along & kill you more quickly

lovely fauna you have, down under.  if I ever visit, forget swimming -- I'm staying on solid concrete, awake the whole time, with a flamethrower in each hand

AndrewC

Quote from: philaroman on November 24, 2013, 06:30:23 AM

Dominic

yeah, and you can throw stuff at the sharks -- like box jellies, blue-ringed octopi, cone snails & stonefish...  oh wait, those little bastards will make you writhe in Hellfire agony, while you wish that a shark would come along & kill you more quickly

lovely fauna you have, down under.  if I ever visit, forget swimming -- I'm staying on solid concrete, awake the whole time, with a flamethrower in each hand

You can always go up North........Bugger all sharks up there. The Crocs have cleaned most of them up :) :)

philaroman

up North it is, then -- at least I'd have a tiny fightin' chance to jump on its head & duct-tape its mouth...  it's the small, well-camouflaged SOB's & the phrase "no anti-venom" that scare the crap out of me

Ron Jones

I'm glad I waded half the circumference of Garden Island BEFORE I read this. Might have to think about it now. Casting to skippies in that clear water is hard to beat though.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: Mr Grumpy on November 24, 2013, 08:37:04 AM
Quote from: philaroman on November 24, 2013, 06:30:23 AM

Dominic

I just erased Australia off of my bucket list.  I'd rather visit East L.A.   :o  It's safer then Australia.  Dominick

You can always go up North........Bugger all sharks up there. The Crocs have cleaned most of them up :) :)
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I'm with you, Dominick... East LA it is! :D
Dom

wallacewt

pair of wimps
if you lose a leg you may get a pair of shoes for 1/2 price
look on the bright side :D

Alto Mare

:D :D :D, you're nuts Wallace.....good one ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

philaroman

Quote from: wallacewt on November 25, 2013, 11:14:01 PM
pair of wimps
if you lose a leg you may get a pair of shoes for 1/2 price
look on the bright side :D

well, NO!!!  you'd pay for a pair, but could only use one...  so, in effect, you'd be paying DOUBLE -- where's this "bright side"  ???

however scary & lethal, sharks & crocs are BIG -- YOU CAN SEE THEM & hide behind the fat guy, swim faster, splash less...  I'd be more afraid of The 6 Deadliest Creatures (That Can Fit In Your Shoe)  http://www.cracked.com/article_16868_the-6-deadliest-creatures-that-can-fit-in-your-shoe.html

...note how Australia boasts 3 in marine shallows, while all of Africa & S. America contribute 3 terrestrials