Need opinions on which reel to buy or build...YTS

Started by sundaytrucka, December 08, 2013, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

Yeah, what Socal said.

What is the opinion on an Accurate vs. Tiburon frame? Have a line on both, read the accurates does not have the best fitment sometimes.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

day0ne

Accurate frames haven't been made in quite a while (years). Tib frames are still made and the newer ones are topless (nice feature). That alone would make my decision. The newest Tib frames don't need the inner chrome rings but won't work with Accurate side plates
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

BMITCH

The newer Tib frames without the inner rings are great! I would go with that.IMO.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

floating doc

I had no experience with aftermarket frames before buying my Tiburon narrow 112HN frame and spool kit. Very nice quality.
Central Florida

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: BMITCH on December 13, 2013, 09:17:39 AM
The newer Tib frames without the inner rings are great! I would go with that.IMO.
Bob
x2

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

LTM

Dont tell me the 113h tank is not "braid ready" after all the time/money/effort. This would be a RE-OCCURING NIGHTMARE  >:( of the old jig masters I USED to own. I damn near gave/threw them away due to line crawling up between the spool and the frame at the worst times (typically with a fish on). I was just fondling my 113's last nite and happened to look at the fit between the spool and frame (Tib). I spun the spools to check for any variances in the gap and everything looked good  ???. Bryan and anyone else; have you run across Tib framed 113h YTS conversions with braid/line eating problems? If this is the case, it will be a complete GAME CHANGER/DEAL BREAKER for me (I'll have some hot rod 113h's for sale)  >:(. Im sure or would hope that someone would have brought this up by now.

Leo

floating doc

The tolerances on the jigmaster weren't impressive.  I tried to spool a 506 with 20 mono and it was unusable. I've been casting conventional reels since I was a kid and I couldn't keep the line out of the sideplates.

Sold it on ebay. One good thing though; I found this forum while I was trying to figure out how to make it work.  :) i
Central Florida

BMITCH

Floating doc andLTM, these are good and valid questions. Don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start a new one and see if anyone has first hand experience with the braid eating reels.
Thanks,
Bob

Black Pearl

Quote from: BMITCH on December 13, 2013, 08:45:06 PM
Floating doc andLTM, these are good and valid questions. Don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start a new one and see if anyone has first hand experience with the braid eating reels.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob,

It seems that Sal has answered that question.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9123.msg82098#msg82098

Shark Hunter

Yes,
Dominick had no problems reeling in this giant roosterfish with the Tank and 80lb braid. ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Daron, I think the real question comes up with casting, not trolling?? I could be wrong though.

Ron Jones

Although I don't have one in front of me, I couldn't imagine a new Tib framed, aluminum spooled 113H of any width is going to have issues with 60 pound braid or higher. 30 pound mono doesn't slip through on a regular reel so I am certain you will be fine with a tank.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

broschro

like I said a hundred times >:( I have no issues with braid on my jig masters or my 113 and I fish a lot.I can castu my Jig master with 65 pound braid a country mile 8)

sundaytrucka

Ok, time to throw a wrench into things...

I love the YTS style reels, but after comparing the standard width 113H to the Narrow 113H (YTS tib frame), there is only about a .35 inch difference between the two. I am getting pedantic now, but does that really offer a difference in fishability, or is it more the style and history that come with a narrowed 113H? Not knocking it, style alone is worth the conversion, but I did not realize there was such a small difference in size from inner steel ring to inner steel ring, between standard and narrow.

Does the narrow actually make the reel more fishable for yo-yo/live bait? Having never used a narrow before.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.