9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

Quote from: Aiala on February 09, 2014, 01:45:35 AM
I'm finally done! Here's my poor abused 9/0, brought back from the grave and all dressed up in a fabulous couture frame and ready to take me fishing next summer... hurrah!  :D 

~A~

What made you decide to backwards mount the frame??
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

Looks good to me Aiala! ;D
I'm thinking of doing mine this way too. ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

You go, girl! ;D
Well done, backwards or not... it'll do what ya need it to.
Enjoy anilin' the big ones on her.
Dom

Aiala

Well, after sleeping on it, and reflecting upon what a dingbat I am ( :-[) I concluded that the guys were correct, and the frame was on backwards. So, I reversed it and now all is as it should be.

I think I know why I got mixed up: I have a Tiburon T4W frame for my 113HLW, and it has the lower bar profile, but unlike the Dom/Tom frame, on both ends. Well, I failed to notice that, and erroneously followed suit and oriented my new frame with the low bar in front... DUUHHHHHH!!  :o

Still, this isn't the first time I've managed to end up backwards, upside-down, inside-out, or all three. As the saying goes, "Live and Learn"; (or in my case, don't). Whatever, it's all good!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Aiala:  Your cheeks look red in your avatar, don't be embarrassed.  I haven't done mine yet so you saved me from doing it wrong.  :) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Chris Gatorfan

I think it looks awesome with the low bar upfront. I was thinking of doing mine that way.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on February 09, 2014, 09:18:32 PM
Aiala: Your cheeks look red in your avatar, don't be embarrassed.  I haven't done mine yet so you saved me from doing it wrong.  :) Dominick

Glad to be of help, Dominick! 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

floating doc

I almost put mine together the same way, too. :D
Central Florida

Topshot

Ya know I was thinking. If you have a tall enough stripper guide on your rod then you wouldn't have any problems with line touching the fore grip or your fingers. I really do like the reverse mount look.
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

A Winthrop roller guide rod is in order here. It keeps the line high. ;)
Life is Good!

Legal Bill

Aiala, I like the look!  The only reason I won't copy you is that I don't want the high bar in the back to get in the way of applying a little thumb to the spool, especially during the fight.

Dom, I received mine today.  I'm writing the check now.  Thanks so much.  It really is a beautiful piece of work.  And so light!!

Legal Bill

Just finished the change over.  Great product.  You guys should be proud.

Shark Hunter

What? No Picture? >:(
Come on Bill. ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

Got your check, Bill.... now I'm gonna buy those Pina Coladas with it ;)
On my way to the airport now... take care crew!
Dom

Legal Bill

Ok, trying to attach three photos...