9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legal Bill

I guess I did it.  First was the before picture, the second was halfway through the project and the last is the finished product.  My reel had the five drag stack with the HT 100 drag washers, so cleaning and greasing was all I did.  On my reels, I can access the drags from the side without breaking down the reel, so if I want to go to a 7 drag stack I can do that in the future.

Dominick

Good job Legal Bill.  Thanks for the photos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Looks Good Bill! Thanks for sharing! ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Ok, now you're legal, Bill ;)...thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Good job Bill. First of many ill bet
luck is the residue of design.

Legal Bill

Hey, thanks for all the support guys.  Up until this reel I had disassembled many Penn reels, but the reassembly was all about cleaning, replacing worn parts, and greasing everything up.  Other than upgrading the drag washers, this was my first modification.  I was a bit nervous about it.  Now I need to order another frame kit.  :D

broadway

Well crew, I'm signing in from Jamaica now.  I only have a minute because the fiancé is getting her hair ready to go out for dinner. 
Bill, nice job on the 9/0 frame mod, and I'm glad you like the finished product.  That's what it's all about... Feeding our habit :D
Thanks for the compliment, but all I did was motivate Tom a bit, and he did the rest. It's nice having a quality machinist on our team isn't it ;)
Stay well,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Hope you are enjoying yourself Dom. Be safe Bro! ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Got mine yesterday, gonna ship out the paymnent along with two other packages for people that have been delayed by weather and work
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I hear that Grayson. Its like a Fed Ex Hub at my house. Lots of boxes going in and out, and I usually forget somebody. Its hard for them to complain when its free. ;D
Pay it forward! It will come back to you ten fold! ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yeap, everythings goin out tommorow just got outa school bout to go to work no time for the post office today. Im loving this frame, might have to go dog fishing to test it ;)
Grayson Lanier

Cone

I just got around to putting my frame on my reel. Here is a pic.

Thanks Dom and Tom!
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

Did you powdercoat the rings Bob? Or just paint.
Life is Good!

Cone

I used Gun Kote. The rings were in bad shape. My air compressor died a while back and I haven't fixed or repaired it. When I do I'll sand blast them and redo them. I'm not proud of the way they came out.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Bob, I bet that reel looks much better than you're showing. I believe I told you this before, you're a master of all treads, but a lousy photographer ;D. Good job Bob.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.