9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Quote from: JA_Angler on January 13, 2014, 10:33:31 PM
At the risk of being sent to Angler's hell, what would be tougher, this frame with L2, this frame with made in USA of recent vintage, or a Daiwa 900/910? Drag grease for all of course.
With the Hex drags and this frame. The Daiwa can't hold a candle to this Beast!
Life is Good!

Dynamo

Is there any chance of some topless 12/0 frames in the future?

Bryan Young

Hey guys, I want to remind you about the bashing of brands without objective evidence.  This is what our site is gounded on.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

No Bashing bro! ;) Just the facts. 55 lbs of drag vs the 35 lbs of the 900H, plus the spool capacity, plus the Black Pearl ss Helical cut Gears with Hex drags, plus the stainless sleeves and dogs with your ss springs, plus the Keta Kranks , Dom and Tom Frame. ;D
The 900H is a fine reel. With GS starting the Hex Drags, and the Aluminum frame and end plates stock, its just a matter of time. ;)
My Son chose the Daiwa over the 9/0. :'(
We will see come May who's reel wins ;)

Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 14, 2014, 08:05:32 AM
Hey guys, I want to remind you about the bashing of brands without objective evidence.  This is what our site is gounded on.

Good point, Bryan. Let's not make this into a "Ford vs. Chevy" type discussion.
Central Florida

Aiala

Hello, and thanks to Mr. Tani for permitting me to join the forum.

I am hoping to get in line (at the back, of course) for one of the Senator 9/0 frame kits when they become available. (I'm currently trolling eBay for a decent used 15L, which I plan to use on a multi-day trip this summer.) Since the various new high-tech reels (Accurate, Tiburon, Avet) are beyond my budget, I'm gradually upgrading my old reliable Penn standbys, which have never let me down in the past.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bryan Young

Aiala, great of you to join this merry bunch of misfits. :D

We have a lot of Penn FINatics and you are in good company.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Aila,
 First off, welcome aboard! ...and actually your more towards the middle of the list ;)
I find it much more rewarding catching on an old Senator than some new fangled, modern reel anyway.

Stay tuned for the unveiling...
Tom has given another progress report, and I've been assured the frames will be headed my way by weeks end, so we are very close with this one, crew!
Looking forward to bringing these to the table for you guys.
Thanks
Dom

Shark Hunter

Welcome Aiala! ;D
Come on in and Enjoy Yourself! ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

I'm not sure who was bashing in this case. I'm pretty sure that was just an opinion and not a dig at Daiwa. After all, this site has a bit of a bias, as a whole towards our beloved Penn reels... Or have you guys been duping me this whole time ;D
Keep it clean, funny, and factual ;)
Thanks
Dom

Dynamo

broschro

I hope it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings but let's not get all over sensitive, to many people nowadays are and it's just sad  :'(

erikpowell

Bula Aiala and welcome!

Dynamo

Hey, Shark Hunter, did you get 55 lbs from your 9/0?

Shark Hunter

Sal Did, I don't want to twist the frame. Waiting on the Aluminum one. 8)
I'll shut up guys. Didn't mean to offend anyone. ;D
Life is Good!