9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 18, 2014, 05:43:19 AM
Oh yeaahhh! ;D
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!! ;)
Peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat!!!
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Chris Gatorfan

I think we will manage...Defo going to have to wear some sun glasses when we use the in the sun though
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Topshot on January 18, 2014, 05:53:21 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 18, 2014, 05:43:19 AM
Oh yeaahhh! ;D
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!! ;)
Peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat!!!
When I release a Shark and all is going well, I chant this stupid song! It gets me pumped up! ;D
I got it from my work, I eat a peanut butter and jelly every day! ;)
Where he at, Where he at, There he go, There he go! ;D
Life is Good!

Aiala

Omigosh, the frames are simply bodacious! I hope I can get one of the silver ones...   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Topshot

I'm going with a black frame. I'm getting all the chrome parts powder coated gloss black to match the frame. It's gonna be one bad #### blacked out reel
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

Aiala, You showed up at the right time Girl! ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 18, 2014, 06:32:03 PM
Aiala, You showed up at the right time Girl! ;)

Mr. Shark, I know! Now all I need is a 9/0; luckily there's one for auction today on eBay that I'm determined to win... I hope... <fingers crossed>.

~A~

Shark Hunter

Just don't pay too much. $110 is my Max and that's only if it is pristine with the rod clamp and brace.
Stay away from the three piece spool too. You want a one piece spool, Chromed bronze or aluminum, with bearings.
Life is Good!

Aiala

I'm going to try $100. I like the aluminum spool because of weight considerations, but this particular 15L doesn't have bearings... hmm.  :(

~A~

Shark Hunter

If its an Aluminum spool, it has bearings. That spool won't fit a bushing model. The handle side will show a definite ball bearing and the right side is adjustable with a bearing inside.
Life is Good!

Topshot

Quote from: Aiala on January 18, 2014, 07:34:04 PM
I'm going to try $100. I like the aluminum spool because of weight considerations, but this particular 15L doesn't have bearings... hmm.  :(

~A~

It's definetly possible. I picked up 2 of them the same day for under $80. Just gotta keep urs eyes open
Michael Baughman

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 18, 2014, 07:36:53 PM
If its an Aluminum spool, it has bearings. That spool won't fit a bushing model.

Oh, good. Thank you for the clarification. 

~A~

Topshot

Aiala I almost had you one on ebay!! I lost by 50ยข lol. Winning bid was 77.00 I'll keep trying and keep my eyes open for you
Michael Baughman

erikpowell

Quote from: erikpowell on January 18, 2014, 04:02:05 AM

Are you guys still going to use the rod braces?
does the new frame even accommodate them?
and are they still even "needed" with the new frame?

my 9/0 doesn't have them anyway...so I'm just asking....

Ahem... allow me to Bump this question again...  ;D

Shark Hunter

You don't miss a trick, Do you Erik. ;D
After evaluating the pictures, I think this is how its going to work. The harness lugs are sandwiched in between the rings in the plates. On page 3, Dom says the inner trim rings are still needed, so I think we are good.

The very front holes will accommodate the rod brace lugs and the one post we use on top will accommodate the other set for clamping to the fighting belt! ;D

Life is Good!