reel_hooked 14/0

Started by Shark Hunter, December 22, 2013, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I just picked up another 4-14/0s to refurb.  Let me know if your interested.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

If it looks like Dominick's. yes. Let me get my cash back first.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

My so called "cherry" reel should be received back by this reel_hooked character tomorrow. I sent him an email just to let him know it was coming. It went just as I thought it would. He said he has the invoice where he paid to have it serviced with new drags and bearings. I told him I didn't want something for nothing and the reels drags were melted to the washers and completely dry. The icing on the cake was that the sleeve is damaged too. I can't put a Keta Krank on it, it is so badly distorted.
Live and Learn I guess. I looked at his feedback and this is his first Sale. All his other transactions were buys. Well, he thought it was his first sale ;)
I followed the ebay return procedure and He is to pay the return shipping because I listed it as defective.
There is always a bad apple to ruin it for us good guys. I've bought a ton of reels off ebay and I can honestly say, This was only the second one I had to return. The other was a 16/0 with a warped spool.
The only reason I started this thread was to warn you guys of this Seller. reel_hooked is his screen name.
He is a real fibber! ;)
Life is Good!

floating doc

I'm glad you're getting out of this sale.  I never buy from someone's first listing either, the rookies sometimes don't understand that they can be held accountable. EBay is trying to back the purchasers right now,  to the point where it's easy for a buyer to cheat the seller.
Central Florida

Newell Nut

Be careful buying from ebay pawn shops. They use employees to run the bids up which is illegal. When an employee wins the bid you will see it get relisted in a few days.
You can click on the bid number and see the bidders. Click on the bidder and if you see that he does 50% with this seller it really smells fishy. This practice is against the ebay rules but they get away with it anyway.

floating doc

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 10, 2014, 01:52:24 PM
Be careful buying from ebay pawn shops. They use employees to run the bids up which is illegal. When an employee wins the bid you will see it get relisted in a few days.
You can click on the bid number and see the bidders. Click on the bidder and if you see that he does 50% with this seller it really smells fishy. This practice is against the ebay rules but they get away with it anyway.

good tip on checking to see if the bidder might be a shill. I usually only bid once.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

He sent me an email today and has realized he is going to eat it. He is blaming the drags on his repair guy. I hate to be the squeaky wheel, but it is what it is. At least we are on good terms now. I think he will be more careful in the future.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Let me know once you've got your money back, so I can hook you up with that quality 14/0.  I can knock $25 off if you don't want it spooled, and another $25 if you didn't want the handle knob and arm (thought U will likely upgrade to jets crank/Alan tani knob).  I'll PM you sum pics of the finished reel as soon as I finish with my other customers' reels here.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

I'll pay the full $400 John. I want the amber handle and the 130lb mono. That's still a great deal considering it will have new drags and bearings. Plus there is  the chrome spool, I'll probably swap out the bridge with a chrome one I have, and double dog it. Hopefully in the near future, we will has stainless sleeves for these.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 10, 2014, 01:52:24 PM
Usually, if I buy from a pawn shop Dwight, I'll make an offer or a buy it now. I know all about the shilling. There are some good finds to be had there. I got My Cherry 16/0 from a pawn shop for $600 and it is Nice! ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Well, my reel finally made it to Honolulu. Its all over, but the crying! ;D
He picked up the reel and asked how to check the drags. I told him to just remove the handle and you can see they are toast. Then He said the reel was damaged. I packed this reel in 6 layers of bubble wrap in a tight box and then put three inches of solid foam around it inside a bigger box and taped it up tight!
It could withstand a 10 foot drop and I bet it would be fine. I filed a case immediately. I hate when things get like this on ebay. You have to fight them tooth and nail to get your hard earned money back. >:( Stay away from this guy. He is a liar and a Cheat! I will win this BATTLE! ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Man!
Ebay is really dropping the ball on this one! I bought this reel on the 13th of Dec. This guy has had it back for a week. I opened a case last Friday. I even contacted Paypal about the hold up. No response whatsoever! When I look at my case details, it says customer support will contact me within 48 hours.
That was on Friday. It is Wednesday. Maybe they mean 48 days. ::)
Life is Good!

floating doc

Not good! I hope you prevail.
Central Florida

Ron Jones

It happens sometimes out here. It took 14 weeks for a delivery of two ceiling fans that were listed as 6-10 weeks.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Quote from: floating doc on January 22, 2014, 07:32:30 PM
Not good! I hope you prevail.
Well, I finally got an email from customer service today. I gave them a call and I won! I should have my money in 24 hours! ;D
Mr. reel_hooked is going to have a bad day! >:(
Life is Good!