reel_hooked 14/0

Started by Shark Hunter, December 22, 2013, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Glad it finally worked out for you.

Shark Hunter

Me too! ;D I'm sure you guys are getting tired of hearing it! ::)
Life is Good!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 22, 2014, 09:50:51 PM
Me too! ;D I'm sure you guys are getting tired of hearing it! ::)

Actually, no. At least speaking for me, I'm not tired of hearing about it. We're pulling for you, and glad to have the updates!
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

I hate calling ebay. I am in no means prejudice, but I usually can't understand the person on the other end. It was a walk in the park this time. I had to explain my Dilemma to three different people, but they were all very nice and I had no problems understanding anyone. They were very apologetic as well and the money is back on my card already! ;D He also had to pay the shipping both ways from Hawaii. Mark one up for the Shark Hunter! 8)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

I had trouble with a seller with a 6/0 in the Fall called Ebay no problem but I guess I didn.t explain it right. I got stuck for return shipping. I asked for the P O for the cheapest shipping & it took 2 weeks to get to him.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

It Happens Mike,
Not everyone can be as outstanding as us! ;D
This guy was just a real dimwit. I got the reel fast enough, but there was a brace missing and a cracked ring. I told him I could live with the ring, just send me the rod brace. He insisted the brace was in a bag with the handle. The handle was still attached to the damn reel. I tried to explain this to him three times and finally, when I saw the drags were toast, I filed a return. Ebay supplied the return shipping label. He then said, Oh, I found the brace, its on the way. I just stayed quiet, until the reel reached Honolulu. The Brace never came. I told him that the reel was ready for pickup at the post office. He picked it up, I had his signature of him picking it up.
He contacted me the next day and asked, How do I check these drags? I have an invoice from the repair shop that shows them being new. I explained to him to remove the handle and see for yourself.
His next reply was, How do I check the bearings? I replied that it would take a teardown to conform this, but since the drags were shot, I'm sure the bearing are old as well.
Then he said, Oh, well the reel is damaged, The handle is bent and there is slop in the spool. I filed a claim immediately as I could see this guy was full of it. That reel was packed in six layers of bubble wrap tightly, then put in a bigger box with 3" foam on all sides! I waited six days and don't hear from either the seller or ebay. I called them today and had to repeat all this to three different people, but I got my $342 dollars back! The $320 for the reel and $22 shipping. Whew! The whole phone call took about 15 minutes. I am a happy Camper Now and I will Shut up! Halleluja! Holy S>^%$! Where's the Tylenol?! ;D
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Glad to see you got that taken care of. I hate liars and theives. If its broke tell the person buying it. It is one thing to know what to expect, its another to be like oh man i cant wait. And then when you get it your like WTF...
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Yes, that was a Big WTF!
You got a line on a 14 yet Chris? You have four months to Build the Senator Prime! ;)
My trip is going to be Chaotic with all the Family and all, but I am taking some serious time on the sand to land some Sharks. With any luck, I'll hook into the Mack Daddy and we will all have to take a turn on the 14! ;)
Life is Good!