Hi from Kentucky!

Started by Kreate, January 05, 2014, 03:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreate

Hi everybody! Well after lurking around for quite a while I figure I should go ahead and make my first post and introduce myself. What a better way to do it than with a brief introduction and a couple of pictures of my setups. Being landlocked I'm relativly new to ocean fishing (been fishing for a long time). Fished for the first time in salt this past summer off of Ocracoke island. Later on in the summer I went on a family shore-sharking adventure with Sharkhunter (Dad) and his brother. Well, I caught the bug. What a blast catching giant toothy fish from the shore is!

The Daiwa 900 I got this past fall. With the help of the tutorial on this forum and a drag kit from Alan I was able to upgrade the drags to carbon and do a much needed service. The rod is one that Santa (Sharkhunter) left under the tree. It's a 100lb'er made by Eatmytackle out of Destin, FL. I named this rig "Stella" and she is the crown of the fleet.
The smaller reel is a Penn 4/0 that I found on top of somebodies trash bin. With upgraded drags and a good cleaning it's a joy to fish. It's the setup I use for casting in the surf. I can usually get a good 60 or so yards out of it (with the occasional birds nest!).

Almost all of my other tackle is in the form of fixed line fly fishing rods called Tenkara rods.  They are all telescopic so storage is a breeze.  It's amazing how they seem to multiply!  My wife says I have a small fortune tied up in these things. Here is a pic of a few from the stable.

Glad to be here on such a great forum!
-Kreate

Snagged2

Hello and Welcome,, Those are some good looking rigs! :)

Kreate

floating doc

Central Florida

bluefish69

Welcome  Aboard Kreate from Howard Beach N.Y. 

Your going to have fun here

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Welcome Kreate. Glad this forum helped you to solidify you reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MFB

Glad to have another Daiwa fan on board....

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Kreate

Thanks everybody for the great welcome.  Mark, Indeed I am a Daiwa fan.  I've been contemplating a 50h as of late.  They can be had for a song on fleabay.  From what I read it's a fantastic reel to fish with.   
-Kreate

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Hello to a member who lives in a state that gave us Daniel Boone & Muhammad Ali.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.