New Guy from Sonoma...

Started by k9_time, January 21, 2014, 05:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k9_time

Been lurking here for a few weeks. What a wealth of information! Motivated me to dig out my old Penns and do some upgrades. 

Started fishing as a kid in SF at Lake Merced, Muni Pier, and Ocean Beach, but haven't fished for many years.  Just starting to get back into it. Mostly fishing the sloughs and rivers in Sonoma County for striper.

alantani

welcome!!!!!  glad we finally got your registration sorted out.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Welcome aboard. This is a fun place.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

BMITCH

Welcome K9' do you guys get big striper there?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Welcome Dawg  ;D. (K9) ... ok not funny.

Welcome!  Glad to have you on board.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Chris Gatorfan

Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Aiala

Hello from another newbie. 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

k9_time

Bmitch,

Biggest one I ever caught in this area was 12lbs, out of the Napa River.  I've seen several at the dock that exceeded 30lbs. Haven't been that lucky yet, still looking for a new boat.  Sold my CC Tracker many moons ago, and have been boat-less since.  Bank fishing for now...

K9_time

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Thanks K9. Nothin wrong with fishing from shore. Levels the playing field if you will. I wasn't aware you folks get striper that large there. You'll get your shot.keep pluggin!
Bob

Dominick

K-9 Welcome aboard.  Bob:  The California record for Striped Bass is 67lbs 8 oz.  It was caught in O'Neill Forebay part of the San Luis Reservoir in the San Joaquin Valley.  As an aside, O'Neill Forebay was named after my wife's uncle who was responsible for developing the Reservoir which turned the valley into the nation's food basket. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Dominick, are these land locked fish?

Dominick

Quote from: BMITCH on January 22, 2014, 01:32:12 AM
Dominick, are these land locked fish?

In this case yes.  It is in the middle of the desert.  Go to Google Earth and search the San Luis Reservoir and look around.  There on the right is O'Neill Forebay.  Follow the canal that leads from O'Neill Forebay and see that it goes through lots of arable land, only made arable because of the water from the reservoir.  I don't know how much you know about the CA water system but we are officially in a drought.  It will be a tough go for awhile.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.