113H frames

Started by BMITCH, January 25, 2014, 02:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Does anyone here know if there was a standard width frame for the 113H that didn't need the inner rings. It could be tiburon, accurate, penn. I hate the looks of the inner ring with the Tib frames.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Here you go Bob, I believe there is a narrow, standard and wide here
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3855.msg28460#msg28460
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Those sure are pretty masterpiece reels. Will they ever see action?

BMITCH

Thanks Sal. After I posted I saw those. So the new tiburon frames now incorporate the inner ring. I know I have that on my T4NK that I got from Gregg. I'll assume that all of the new ones are like this?

BMITCH

BTW, beeeeeeeautiful reels. I noticed that I didn't post in the original thread. I would also like to know from Dominick aka. Fishchaser and or Jamie if the side plate rings have held up to abuse?

Alto Mare

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 25, 2014, 05:10:23 PM
Those sure are pretty masterpiece reels. Will they ever see action?
They have already, Dwight, well the Tank has. The first reel on the left is the original Tank, Dominick gave it a workout, I believe for two seasons and it did good. This topic is just about two years old, I posted it again because we got many more members now and I wasn't sure they've seen it...can't let them miss anything  ;)
Later buddy.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

doradoben

I have a standard width 113h with a Tiburon frame that didn't require inner rings. As far as I know, all of the Accurate and Jvariance conversions used inner rings. I'm guessing but the idea probably came from the aluminum  6/0 frames that Penn manufactured. Shark Hunter posted some photos of some very nice ones the other day.

Sal, thanks for the link. I've seen these in the past and they made me smile this time too..