CorrosionX HD

Started by Killerbug, February 09, 2014, 07:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killerbug

http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Chris Gatorfan

Yes I am currently using it. It is thicker than Corrosion X and leaves a nice film when wiped down. Works excelently though I have no complaints with it.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Killerbug

I am looking for a thicker lube for bearings than normalX, maybe I should try this.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Lensters

Where do you get it from?  Can you get it in some other form than aerosol?
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Chris Gatorfan

The HD is more like a spray gel in an Aresol can. I sprayed some in a tuperware container to do my soaking. As for other forms to buy outright I have not seen any. But it can be bought in sporting goods stores.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Tightlines667

I have some and have been using it coat/lube 2-speed shift mechanisms, and experimenting with a light coat on parts that need lubing but where grease seems to migrate out of (I.e.outside cooling shields, more external moving parts like drag lever, preset cams, springs.  I think it would work well for coating all non-moving, internal metal parts in smaller reels too.  I still favor grease for coating just about everything else.  I'm currently using penn grease on everything except parts or areas that may come into contact with the drag washers (including spool bearings, and anything inside the drag compartment), where I use Cal's.  I think the HD is only available in the aerosol can in smaller quantities, I think you can get liquid in 5 gal amounts?  Seems like a good product and I have seen this product or something similar inside of some newer reels, where metal parts were apparently covered in it from the factory.  I think it would work well in spinners too.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

okuma uses this on the insides of their makairas.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

day0ne

It's available in 1, 5, 30 and 55 gallon containers besides the 12oz aerosol. You can order from Corrosionx.com
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Lensters

Thanks for the info.  The one thing that I don't like about CorX is that it isn't obvious where all it has been applied after a couple of days.  This stuff looks like just the ticket so that I can open up a reel a year later and see where it is.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

veracruz110

Gents,

Corrosion XD is superb, we use in our rental fleet which operates in oil drilling platforms offshore, and works miracles.
I use it in all my fishing gear too. ;D ;D ;D
cor x is also excellent, you may not see it after a few days of the application, but the lubricity remains and bonds to the surface for a long time..

Is also used widely in the marine environments and commercial fishing boats.

The only draw back is that is hard to find in the aerosol cans. We buy the 5 gal presentation.

so imagine what it can do for a fishing reel :D :D :D

AHH, I am not a sales person for that product. Just like the stuff that really works!!!

Saludos!!!

DaBigOno

Quote from: veracruz110 on March 13, 2014, 04:36:33 AM

Gents,

Corrosion XD is superb,

AHH, I am not a sales person for that product. Just like the stuff that really works!!!

Saludos!!!

Aloha!       Welcome Veracruz, thank you for chiming in
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

I have used it for years...mainly on spinners on the inside of the gear housing because spraying is a good way to get all internals coated...all nooks and cranies.  No issues thus far.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

I recently got a small complimentary tube of this from Okuma and it sounded like something I'd use on bearings.(not looking for max cast distance and it's associated bird nests) Being as I had to scroll back two years to find a mention...I expected to see complaint city...but appears to be well recieved. I believe I'll give 'er a shot!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

Still no issues after a couple of year.  Sprayed in spinner gear box used in salt water.  I also spray into a container to allow the gases to boil off (that's what it looks like) and use it as a thicker CorrosionX for packing bearings in spinners as well.  This has been good stuff.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 04, 2016, 05:31:59 PM
Still no issues after a couple of year.  Sprayed in spinner gear box used in salt water.  I also spray into a container to allow the gases to boil off (that's what it looks like) and use it as a thicker CorrosionX for packing bearings in spinners as well.  This has been good stuff.

I saw it in the aerosol cans but what I have is a tiny squeeze tube. I applied some to a Squidder's bearings and got just what I was looking for...nice free spool...but not too free...just right!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~