BRAID CUTTERS?

Started by LTM, February 18, 2014, 04:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Folk,

What tool do you find EFFECTIVE for cutting braid? This would also need to be something I can take on a boat.

Leo

Keta

I have a very sharp knife and a set of cutters that Jerry Brown sells, both work well.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tawakoni Terror

Medium sized finger nail clippers.

MFB

I have a pair of Berkley braid scissors.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

philaroman

:D :D :D I have a knife & razor blades for back-up...  several  :D :D :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

AndrewC

Shimano braid scissors.....cheap as $5..
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Samt

+1 for the boomerang snip. The retractable cord is neat too.

BMITCH

Bass pro shops sells a pair of scissors really cheap. They are slightly serrated and work great on braid.
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I'm not really a braid man, but plan on running some hollow core JB backing on my Big senators. I'm with Lee, a sharp knife is the way to go. ;)

This knife is only a couple bucks. I hit it on the steel a couple times and it will split some hair. ;)
Life is Good!

LTM

SoCal,

Those look simple and to the point, where do I get them?

Thanx,

Leo

SoCalAngler

Tackle shops by me carry them or do a Google search for Edge World sissors. These are the 4.5" set I think?

handi2

I use scissors or kids safety scissors so the point won't become a weapon in a hurry.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

surfcaster

Believe it or not fiskars children scissors cut braid very well, I saw it on another site a while back,
No shortage of kids in my house happened to have several pair so I tried it out. they work great.they
fit in my leader wallet. One of my Fishing buddies is a paramedic & gave me trauma shears that cut bait, braid & wire too.