Gear For The Trip

Started by Keta, March 18, 2014, 12:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lensters

You got a pretty good price but I'm always looking for rock bottom deals, that's how you out bid me. ;)

Not too much decent fishing gear going really cheap now, just boxes of parts and such.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

in preparation for the trip, here's a preview;

2 of the reels(SX n MXJ) i'll most probably bring, with extra bearings soaking in TSI 301 and reel's external moving parts being drizzled with 321(my corrosion X is in L.A.);

Pro Gears OC40 n CS550 definitely coming with me  PG541 ???  OC40 n PG541 are "sleepers"

Maks  8II-SEa  20II-SEa  (10II-SEa waiting for me in L.A.) 8 n 10 hopefully will be tested next June  not "sleepers" yet but will be

Big Tim

Quote from: Mel B on April 11, 2014, 01:00:03 PM
in preparation for the trip, here's a preview;

2 of the reels(SX n MXJ) i'll most probably bring, with extra bearings soaking in TSI 301 and reel's external moving parts being drizzled with 321(my corrosion X is in L.A.);

Pro Gears OC40 n CS550 definitely coming with me  PG541 ???  OC40 n PG541 are "sleepers"

Maks  8II-SEa  20II-SEa  (10II-SEa waiting for me in L.A.) 8 n 10 hopefully will be tested next June  not "sleepers" yet but will be

Nice Mel ;D

alantani

bring the mak 8II and the mak 10II and leave the others home!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

So, I was hoping to buy 2 nice So Cal rods for this trip but it just isn't in the cards. That means one of my 20 pound rigs will be a yellow po' (Ugly Stick Tiger rod) 7ft 10-30#. My wife bought it for me as a just because gift years ago and I've caught a few bay bass and such with it out of SD bay. My question is which reel to go on it? I have a SLH-V 20 and a Newelled Baymaster looking for a home. The other reel will end up on a pre-Shakespeare All-Star.
Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

LTM

alantani

Don't worry about tackle. We have lots.

Porthos

After reading Alan Hawk's review of the Fin-Nor Lethal LT100 and re-evaluating the compromises needed in order to get the Penn SSV8500LL's Live Liner function, it became too apparent that LESS is MORE.

Ordered the Fin-Nor online tonight.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on April 13, 2014, 04:46:23 AM
bring the mak 8II and the mak 10II and leave the others home!   ;D

but Alan T., I also have the SALD-2SP TN16A etc! ;D

Big Tim

Almost ready: A few more items to come  ;D ;D ;D Tim

alantani

you know, guys, we only get 4 days of fishing!   ;D

LTM

Guys,

As a rule-of-thumb, I put gimbal's on ALL rods 40# and up.

Leo

LTM

Quote from: alantani on April 30, 2014, 06:54:26 AM
you know, guys, we only get 4 days of fishing!   ;D
Alan,

Your forgetting the motto: "professional over-run".  Darn near impossible to stop a run-away train!!!

Leo

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on April 30, 2014, 06:54:26 AM
you know, guys, we only get 4 days of fishing!   ;D

aren't you bringing about 15 set ups? :)

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: LTM on April 30, 2014, 08:12:06 AM
...Darn near impossible to stop a run-away train!!!

i didn't know this... ;D ;D ;D