Penn Mag Power 970

Started by Alto Mare, March 29, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypeegee

I did a quick calc o line for shipping cost

20cm x 20cm x 20cm x 1kg comes to 29 dollars nzd shipping. 10 -  25 days.

If you can guess at the dimensions and weight of the box better I can try those to see what it would be.

Also USD 160 is nzd 185 right now . assuming no major increase in shipping cost that means a ceiling of 140-150 nzd for the reel. Which is possibly higher than I see it going for....

It is late here and I am tired so my calcs may be way off.  Lemme know if you can improve the size weight guesstimate

Alto Mare

your guesstimate appears to be spot on.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

raumati01

Another forum member has his eyes on one of those reels too, last time one appeared on trade me with its box it went for over nz$180 so it will be interesting to see how these go.

MFB

I have a customer with two of these reels & he swears by them.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

jaypeegee

Quote from: raumati01 on April 27, 2014, 06:08:58 PM
Another forum member has his eyes on one of those reels too, last time one appeared on trade me with its box it went for over nz$180 so it will be interesting to see how these go.

Well I guess that puts my proxy bid limits to 130 USD ish then.

Oh well. Let the games begin.
By another forum member does that mean you Mr Raumati?

:)

Alto Mare

jaypeegee, its up for grabs, anyone could get it. I do appreciate your willingness to help, if there is anything I could do for you, just let me know.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jaypeegee

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 28, 2014, 01:21:36 AM
jaypeegee, its up for grabs, anyone could get it. I do appreciate your willingness to help, if there is anything I could do for you, just let me know.
Sal

Understood Sal.
I will give it a heave and if successful go to purchase.
I was interested in Mr Raumati as I am located in Wellington which is not far from Him/Her

If I can help I will.
I am looking to a long distance casting reel and I may call on you later this year with help around purchasing a 525 mag as they are hard to find in NZ and the UK without spending kajillions. It may be the larger US market is a better bet

That is if a SQL 15 or some other solution isn't better etc etc

raumati01

Jaypeegee , I'm not looking at buying them. By the way I'm in paremata , whereabouts are you?

jaypeegee

Quote from: raumati01 on April 28, 2014, 04:49:12 AM
Jaypeegee , I'm not looking at buying them. By the way I'm in paremata , whereabouts are you?

I am in St Rathmores in Wellington  ;D
I post a wee bit on fish.net but not so much anymore. Under same name.
I haven't fished too much up your way. Had a poke at a comp at Raumati beach a couple years ago and also at Wire rock

Nice to see another K1W1 on the board.

raumati01

Quote from: jaypeegee on April 28, 2014, 05:23:10 AM

I haven't fished too much up your way. Had a poke at a comp at Raumati beach a couple years ago and also at Wire rock

I'm raumatibeach on fish.net , I thought I recognised your name from there. Mattman nz is from wanganui and he's keen to score one for surf casting.

jaypeegee

Quote from: raumati01 on April 28, 2014, 05:37:36 AM
Quote from: jaypeegee on April 28, 2014, 05:23:10 AM

I'm raumatibeach on fish.net , I thought I recognised your name from there. Mattman nz is from wanganui and he's keen to score one for surf casting.

Oh well. I will look at the auction and see how it goes.
I figured that if I could help anyone here out it might buy me some karma. God knows I need it  ;D

How is the fishing up your way?
I got a reasonable sized snapper in the harbour last week ~55 cm ~3Kg. Well pleased.
Went to NP over easter and got massive eels and a couple eagle rays. Not at all what I wanted.
Plus I provided a few litres of blood to the local sandflies...

raumati01

I haven't been out for three weeks, last time was pretty slow at first then a carrot , lost a 15kg or so kingie at the side of the boat which gutted me a bit, then I got my pb trevally as a consolation . Finished up with snaps , 2ky a carrot and a Trev. I was using a trinidad 16na with a synit which was probably overkill but bloody handy when the king showed up.

Talking of rays, I lived near the pauatahanui inlet and it's absolutely full of mud marlin.

jaypeegee

good work on the PB. The eagles are a bit of fun except when its time to remove the hook
Those reels are starting to climb in price Sal. Fingers crossed

raumati01

Did you get one in the end mate?

jaypeegee

Gidday Raumati

Yep I got it.
Will look at it fondly for a few minutes.
Resist the temptation to keep it for myself
Package it up safely
Then post it off to Sal

I am sure that had I been bidding for myself I would have lost the auction - Murphy's law

:D