Penn Reels that use 5-60 and 5-149 main gears for 5+1 stack drag kit

Started by Bryan Young, May 07, 2014, 04:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

As Newell Nut indicated, I have had thin metal washer cut for this application.  I also use thin Carbontex washers from SmoothDrag.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

maxpowers

Bryan,

Does the 5-60 main gear kits fit the 5-149 main gear?

Thanks,

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

johnachak

Bryan Young

Hi Guys,

I no longer have this drag kit.  It took me over 2 years to sell 50 kits.  I'm contemplating on making more kits but sales was really slow.  Do you think I should make more kits? 

Thanks,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 19, 2015, 01:47:41 AM
Hi Guys,

I no longer have this drag kit.  It took me over 2 years to sell 50 kits.  I'm contemplating on making more kits but sales was really slow.  Do you think I should make more kits? 

Thanks,
Bryan

These kits will become hugely popular when Alan C. rolls out his new squidder gears. Thats if he doesnt do the dura drag type drag system he is doing on the jigmaster gears. I vote for at least doing the metals, as I find a lot of use for them.

Rancanfish

Wow, did I get the last two?

Do I need to start an auction, lol.?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Marcq

My squidder just when up in value  8) But  was hoping to get another set :(

Marc..

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mike1010

Bryan, I was about to ask you for a set, so would definitely take one.

Mike

Bryan Young

Thanks guys.

I'll put in an order...maybe it was my lack of marketing...

CoastalFishfinder

Bryan,
        As per our conversation the other day,I'll take two sets.
                                                                  Thanks,
                                                                  Frank

Rancanfish

If it helps I'll put in a pre-order of two more sets.

I have (9) different Jigmasters though so who knows what the future holds.  :D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

1Forecon

Bryan, I PM'd you(it's a whopper :o) as I'm going to try and breath a little life back into some old reels I have sitting idle. Those drags look like what I wish I had 20 years ago.