New handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, May 09, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Here's a new design I've been working on with Sal:  a counterbalanced handle for jigmaster/112h. The dimensions are posted a page or two back, but here's the actual handle with counterweight attached.  The counterweight came out to 1.25 oz, and all components are made from 316 stainless.   

Pricing is $16 for just the handle, and $24 for the handle, counterweight, and mounting screw. 

fIsHsTiiCkS

Awesome work! Sal is really going to end up with and ALL ss jigmaster soon!

broadway

Nice work Adam! I like the resurrection of the older style handles with a twist (SS). What grip would you put on there? I'm thinking it would look cool with an old walnut knob like the days of old.
Thanks for bringing another cool addition to the site,
Dom

Maxed Out

I agree with Dom, very nice work Adam.

Are you considering the next size up (349H/113H) ?? Also think a 115 would be awesome with a old style counterbalance handle.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Max Doubt on March 24, 2015, 09:02:38 PM
I agree with Dom, very nice work Adam.

Are you considering the next size up (349H/113H) ?? Also think a 115 would be awesome with a old style counterbalance handle.

I very well could have larger sizes made.

Three se7ens

Heres the 112H/jigmaster handle after a little quality time with the tumbler.

I also drew up a balanced handle for the 113H and 114H.  The knob to gear sleeve length is a bit shorter than my other handles, but I figured balanced handles arent really suited to fish winch duty, but more about speed.  The PDF's will print actual size. 

Alto Mare

Those look awesome Adam, I wish you could do the same with the 112H's, maybe making them a little wide might help.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

113h balanced handle mounted, still waiting on the knob though.

broadway

Adam, if you can do the 112h with the handle arms that you have on that 113h I'll take two. I'll see if I have any 113h's in need of a handle. What knobs would you put on these?
Looking good bro,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Those look nice Adam! I'm thinking 3/0 Kokelar Countersink Grip.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: broadway on April 11, 2015, 04:01:55 AM
Adam, if you can do the 112h with the handle arms that you have on that 113h I'll take two. I'll see if I have any 113h's in need of a handle. What knobs would you put on these?
Looking good bro,
Dom

Ill see what I can do.  Im pretty slammed with work now, so its going to be a couple of weeks before I can even get some prototypes done. 

Mine is getting a round aluminum like this:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/221360463358?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Alto Mare

Adam, we have had lots of parts made here from many and all have been great so far, but to me, that latest counterbalanced handle on the 4/0 is the best I've seen to date... Excellent work!
If you have some extra, please put one in the box. I'll always take a 3/16 hole on all, I'll enlarge it if I need to.
If you remember, that is exactly what I requested for the smaller ones, but you said you didn't have the room. I'm hoping you could make the same for those as well without changing the length, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

About that knob that you're showing, it does look very nice, but i don't like them. I ordered a couple two years ago and gave them away, I thought the post was too weak, but it could just be me.

These are actually stronger, but don't look as nice.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-POWER-KNOB-FOR-PENN-DAIWA-SHIMANO-ACCURATE-AVET-REEL-HANDLE-SILVER-/111474896213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f46bed55
They will need a drop of blue loctite, I had the top part of the knob come loose while fishing.

These feel the best to me
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-T-BAR-POWER-KNOB-FOR-PENN-DAIWA-SHIMANO-ACCURATE-AVET-NEWELL-REEL-HANDLE-/301588555824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4638142830
the seller above also has them, but I couldn't find them with a 9 degree angle, 18 degree to me is too much.

I also want to mention that Black Pearl's sent me a knob a while back, they are great. I told him that I like them and he said he was going to try to offer those, but I'm not sure he will.

With that said, no one has made a handle with the shaft as strong as the one that our boss Alan offers here, those can't be beat.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Wow Adam, you nailed it with that 113H version. I'll take a couple if and when they become available, and a couple of the 114H as well...nice work once again !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Adam,
    I'll take 2 of each in this newer version with the counter balance... 112h and 113h when you get things sorted. Can anyone tell me the benefits of the 3/16" hole or the 5/16" hole? I'd like more info to weigh my options.  If anyone has knob ideas kick 'em out to put the cherry on top of this very cool upgrade. 
I love the kolekkar grips but was thinking something old school might look extra cool with this handle, but functionality has to be there, also.
Thanks for making these, you hit the nail on the head with this one.
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on April 11, 2015, 03:41:16 PM
Adam,
    I'll take 2 of each in this newer version with the counter balance... 112h and 113h when you get things sorted. Can anyone tell me the benefits of the 3/16" hole or the 5/16" hole? I'd like more info to weigh my options.  If anyone has knob ideas kick 'em out to put the cherry on top of this very cool upgrade. 
I love the kolekkar grips but was thinking something old school might look extra cool with this handle, but functionality has to be there, also.
Thanks for making these, you hit the nail on the head with this one.
Dom

Dom, the 3/16" will work with most handles knobs you see on line, the 5/16" will work with Alan's handle knob.
These wouldn't do too good with a 5/16" hole
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-T-BAR-POWER-KNOB-FOR-PENN-DAIWA-SHIMANO-ACCURATE-AVET-NEWELL-REEL-HANDLE-/301588555824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4638142830
Sal