alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Shimano Baitrunner 4000D Tutorial [Picture intensive]
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 18, 2019, 09:43:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shimano Baitrunner 4000D Tutorial [Picture intensive]  (Read 57407 times)
philaroman

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »

WOW - VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!  you inspire me to tackle my own Shimonstrosity -- rear drag AND worm gear AND smaller 2500-size AND it's an old JDM, so I'll be working w/ the original Japanese paper schematic & magnifier   Roll Eyes

FYI:

"This was a bit tricky, after the roller bearing came off a small washer and a thick spacer came off. These parts are not in the Baitrunner Schematic from Shimano."

the thin "small washer" is a shim -- presence/absence/thickness/number of shims is a variable that often doesn't match schematics

the "thick spacer" is considered part of the roller bearing assembly (#13444) -- hence no part# & absent from schematic -- it's what the rollers "grab" to stop the rotor, so it has to be a matched set.  I can imagine the tiniest variation in diameter being a major issue, but I've been pretty lucky swapping ones that look the same among different Shimano's without problems.  On the other hand, I had to learn the hard way to reinstall that puppy "fat side up" -- a picture in the schematic could have saved me some grief.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: