Daiwa Sealine Saltwater Conventional Reel Specifications

Started by Bryan Young, October 28, 2014, 06:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I was just comparing sizes on the handles, not suggesting adding one.

I hear you on the 970's.  I've never fished mine. But it's just because I have plenty of reels that I don't have to worry about while fishing, so I use them instead.

You'll find the 170 is a bit bigger than a 970.  Add a half inch in width.

And thanks for coming up with a magnet for mine back then!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Porthos

You're welcome on the magnet...it came from the 970 "parts-reel" that I bought for the side plates that also had a non-970 pinion (not hobbed/ringed) inside--further sealing its fate as a parts-reel.

Looks like I'll be looking for a Magforce 170...no hurry though.

LTM

I trully forgot to thank Gary/gstours and Bryan Yong for their help with reincarnating my 600H. Bryans drags and Garys machine work to add an extra dog/pawl has created a monster 600H.

Thanx all,

Leo

jonnou

I have a 600h that I have converted to 5+1 and it held the boat in 430m as an anchor (unintentionally) I am in the proccess of doing the same to a 900h. the washers are so fat this is a piece of cake. will one day double dog them 

Shark Hunter

Thanks Porthos,
You can blame me if you want Randy. That a good deal on that 900H. ;)
Life is Good!

Porthos

Daron,

If you don't mind a re-labelling, Sears used to sell their version of a rebranded Daiwa 30H, the Gamefisher TR/41:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281697442003?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just trying to help you spend your $$... ;)

Wai

Shark Hunter

Wai,
As much as I would like to start another collection. I am refraining. I have so many reels as it is. I know this is hard to believe, but I think I have enough for now. They are in every room of my house. ;D
Lets just say I have enough to keep me busy all winter.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Daron, don't you have storage in the garage?  ;D

I hear ya about having plenty.  I don't regret this 900H though.  I am really excited to get out and do my version of 'Old man and the Sea' lol.

Shark Hunter

Well,
Wai has hit my button. I am on a Sealine collection quest. Despite my best efforts to fight it.
I have two 900H's, two 600H's, two 300H's, a 27H from Randy. Now the hard ones. A 350, 400 and 450.
The 30 and 50H will be the last on the line up.
I was searching today and came across two 300H's with all the Alan Tani Upgrades. Say what?
I sent the gentleman a message and he is a member here, just never posted. Made the deal. ;D
Kokelar handles and drag upgrades.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

swill88

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 25, 2015, 05:51:17 AM
I have two 900H's, two 600H's, two 300H's, a 27H from Randy. Now the hard ones. A 350, 400 and 450.
The 30 and 50H will be the last on the line up.
I was searching today and came across two 300H's with all the Alan Tani Upgrades. Say what?

I almost bought those two also - they looked so nice - but then I thought was getting in to deep. Now I kinow I'm not alone...

fIsHsTiiCkS

Man Daron your addiction is REEL. You all have me wanting more reels and I already have to many haha

Porthos

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 25, 2015, 05:51:17 AM
Well,
Wai has hit my button. I am on a Sealine collection quest. Despite my best efforts to fight it.
The 30 and 50H will be the last on the line up...

I swear there were NO Jedi mind tricks involved!!!

Bryan Young

Wow, I didn't know about the Sears reels.  Those will probably be a little cheaper...well, until now >:(
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Oliver's pictures of those 300's don't do them Justice. Check out the hot dog handles! ;D
Life is Good!