Custom insert for the 113H

Started by Alto Mare, January 16, 2015, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Three se7ens on January 16, 2015, 10:31:04 PM
Quote from: BMITCH on January 16, 2015, 10:28:07 PM
Can't wait to see what Sal pulls on the 6/0. Pretty much at my limit now, but very exciting!

Daron is going to need a truck to test the 14/0 ones  :o
My Truck has 350HP. I hope that's enough! ;D
Very Nice Work Adam! When I first saw the drawing, I knew you were onto something special.
Sal, Great Job My Man! as always! ;)
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

113H kit - $37 shipped in the continental US
Kit includes:  1 stainless insert, 5 carbon fiber washers, 4 thin metal washers, 1 thick metal washer, and 1 delrin washer for under the gear. 

114H kit - $48 shipped in the continental US  *this price is tentative, pending testing.  It may be less, but will not be more*
kit includes:  1 stainless insert, 7 carbon fiber washers, 6 thin metal washers, 1 thick metal washer, and 1 delrin washer for under the gear.

The 114H kit may get less washers, because Sal is concerned that the drag will ramp up too quickly.  If less washers are used, the price will drop on the kit.

I have 10 kits of each on order, I will make them available on my website once I have the kits in hand and ready to ship.

BMITCH

This is awsome Adam. Can't wait until there on your site. Thanks for making these available.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

fIsHsTiiCkS

Let me know when they are on the website! I know Sal hasnt tested them yet, but do you think the 114h insert will be better than the hex gears?

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on January 20, 2015, 04:03:25 AM
Let me know when they are on the website! I know Sal hasnt tested them yet, but do you think the 114h insert will be better than the hex gears?

Yes. The hex drag can round off the corners of the drag washers at high drag.  Thick carbon washers helps, but it limits how many can fit in the gear.  My kit for the 114H will have 13 active drag surfaces, and I expect around 55 lbs of drag.

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Keta

Mark Twain

crackerman

if something like that comes out for the 12/0 I might have a little secret project I will be working on in the near future, that will make reel/stand flex a thing of the past...
and yes, I would buy the heck out of a set. just cuz...

Shark Hunter

cracker,
I saw on SOS where you posted some of my work. I don't mind, I was just surprised to see it there. The 12 and 14/0 gears are on their way to Adam as we speak. What is your idea about the reel seat flex?
Life is Good!

crackerman

Well, someone needs to stand on the shoulder of giants  ;) I figured it could be me! You have helped me out along the way, and I sure don't mind setting other people on the right path using your write ups. besides, it saves me from having to do it, and I don't usually take pictures of everything I do.

I cant. its a secret. but I should have a little sumpin' (is that a deep south accent I detect?)  to share by the end of the year....

now that we will have massive drags available, stainless gear sleeves, monster power handles, we need two things, someone to make a set of stainless gears (steel ones are great, just limited supply IF they can be found) and something to make the frame/ stand beefier.

Topshot

I purchased the last set of stainless steel cross bars the other day for my 14/0. I think the stainless bars with stainless screws will be more than enough. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a full frame or even a half frame like the tom and Dom 9/0 frames. But I doubt the cost would alllow it. Thatd be  one big piece of aluminum you'd have to order
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

You know you would buy one. :D One step at a time. We are getting there. Slowly but Surely. ;)
Life is Good!

crackerman

nah, a 5" diameter bar, 4.5" wide... or 5x5x5 cube (ok, 5x5x20ft bar)